Static sound in my headphone speakers

Austin Powers

Few days back, I received my A900x. Well, when I plug them in, there isn't noticeable static sound because the static sound is too low. Few moments then I realize there is a static sound in them. Is this normal or are they harmful if I leave them alone? Thanks in advance.

plug it to be mobo not front IO just like helping said.

and are you using onboard audio?because you might be having interference from other parts of your computer.

Few days back, I received my A900x. Well, when I plug them in, there isn't noticeable static sound because the static sound is too low. Few moments then I realize there is a static sound in them. Is this normal or are they harmful if I leave them alone? Thanks in advance.

Either not enough power delivered to the headphones or some kind of interference in the PC or chord.

I joined the 1/4 to 3.5mm jack then plugged them to my TX-NR808. There's no static sound on them at all. Meh, I just wondering now, if I leave the static sound like this all the time, would it be harmful to my headphone? Also, some people said headphones need certain voltages between headphone and amp to prevent explosion. Somewhere in head-fi. Anyone can explain if my A900x is suitable with my tx-nr808? Is it harmful for long time connecting to this av receiver?

EDIT : Added photo.

post-3058-0-70217900-1386996827_thumb.pn

are you plugged into your front IO panel?

Yes.

Make sure there's no hair or dust touching the driver.

No dust in them. I always use transparent plastic to cover my peripherals. The amount of dust is too damn high in my area because of the paper ashes flying outside my house.

plug it to be mobo not front IO just like helping said.

and are you using onboard audio?because you might be having interference from other parts of your computer.

Yes I think.

Final thoughts, Maybe I stick with my av receiver for now and stop the constant burn in test. I'll be hearing music most of the time. Also, I did some research until I give up before posting this thread. Some said it's the AC power issues from the power source connected to my computer. Some said there is no static issues on portable device. Anyway, thanks guys for helping me. Appreciate all the post.

No dust in them. I always use transparent plastic to cover my peripherals. The amount of dust is too damn high in my area because of the paper ashes flying outside my house.

-1.jpg

I joined the 1/4 to 3.5mm jack then plugged them to my TX-NR808. There's no static sound on them at all. Meh, I just wondering now, if I leave the static sound like this all the time, would it be harmful to my headphone? Also, some people said headphones need certain voltages between headphone and amp to prevent explosion. Somewhere in head-fi. Anyone can explain if my A900x is suitable with my tx-nr808? Is it harmful for long time connecting to this av receiver?

EDIT : Added photo.

I'd just leave 'em plugged to the receiver if it sounds fine. I've had my HD 598s plugged to my av receiver since summer when I bought them and no (at least audible) damage has happened to them.

Also, some people said headphones need certain voltages between headphone and amp to prevent explosion. Somewhere in head-fi.

Errrm, what?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never even heard of headphones exploding for incorrect amplification.. Yeah sure if you plug them to like a 1000w subwoofer amp, then sure, but for normal headphone outputs, no.

Errrm, what?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never even heard of headphones exploding for incorrect amplification.. Yeah sure if you plug them to like a 1000w subwoofer amp, then sure, but for normal headphone outputs, no.

Some Schiit amps have damaged headphones in the past, but I agree they didn't explode.

Is it actually static or is it more of a shhhhhhh or low frequency hiss sound?

EDIT: what mobo are you using?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.