CPU overheating to 88* Help

I built my pc 9 months ago and I have had no problems for 9 months I got back from a trip to New York and when I turned on my pc the fans started faster than normal I looked in the bios and it said my cpu was at 88*. I googled a fix and thought it was dust so I bought a compressed air can to blow it out and to no prevail. Does anybody know a fix for this? I’m currently thinking I might have to take of the aio and replace the thermal compound. 

But what temps does it display in Windows? 
Bios sometimes gives crazy numbers.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

10 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

But what temps does it display in Windows? 
Bios sometimes gives crazy numbers.

Due to the high temperature that the bios detects it automatically goes to bios and says ‘cpu temperature error F1 to continue to bios’

cpu cooler might be loose, remove the cooler from the cpu, clean both surfaces with some form of alcohol and then do a cleann application of thermal compound and install the cooler again properly, that should do the trick! what cooler do you have? I had that issue with a previous cooler of mine as well where you couldnt get it properly installed really

Thanks for the help I was thinking of doing this. I have a Corsair H100i v2 

2 hours ago, BigBen120303 said:

Thanks for the help I was thinking of doing this. I have a Corsair H100i v2 

Did you use thermal paste and is your pump powered? Make sure to evenly mount the cooler by screwing each corner down a bit at a time when reseating it. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

41 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Did you use thermal paste and is your pump powered? Make sure to evenly mount the cooler by screwing each corner down a bit at a time when reseating it. 

This cooler comes with pre applied thermal paste and it Is powered 

18 hours ago, BigBen120303 said:

This cooler comes with pre applied thermal paste and it Is powered 

Are you sure pump is working? 80C in BIOS would suggest that it isn't. Just pump working without fans would still be under 60C with no load.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv