500-550€ Budget Gaming PC for my brother

AJXD

Plan to game on Low-Medium settings. 60 fps. 1440x900 (old monitor)

500-550€ Budget

Buying parts in Lithuania, but you can search for parts on Amazon.de I can find most of them in my local shop.

Draft with what I came up with

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€108.50) 
Motherboard: MSI - B350M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€63.84) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (€106.53) 
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU800 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€50.89) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Video Card  (€110.04) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€58.66) 
Total: €498.46
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-04 13:41 CET+0100

The prices are edited to what the prices are in my local shop so that I would not have to pay for shipping. Couldn't find the correct memory and storage in pcpartpicker. I plan to overclock the CPU just a bit.

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4 GB DDR4 3000 MHz

Storage: A-Data SSD SU700, 120GB, SATA III 2.5'', 560/520MB/s, 3D NAND

I still need a case for this build so I would like your recommendations for a decent budget case. Any changes that you would make or other recommendations are welcome.

15 minutes ago, AJXD said:

Plan to game on Low-Medium settings. 60 fps. 1440x900 (old monitor)

500-550€ Budget

Buying parts in Lithuania, but you can search for parts on Amazon.de I can find most of them in my local shop.

Draft with what I came up with

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€108.50) 
Motherboard: MSI - B350M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€63.84) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (€106.53) 
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU800 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€50.89) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Video Card  (€110.04) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€58.66) 
Total: €498.46
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-04 13:41 CET+0100

The prices are edited to what the prices are in my local shop so that I would not have to pay for shipping. Couldn't find the correct memory and storage in pcpartpicker. I plan to overclock the CPU just a bit.

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4 GB DDR4 3000 MHz

Storage: A-Data SSD SU700, 120GB, SATA III 2.5'', 560/520MB/s, 3D NAND

I still need a case for this build so I would like your recommendations for a decent budget case. Any changes that you would make or other recommendations are welcome.

I find the sharkoon vg4-w a nice case, it's only 45 euros or something near that, and has 2 red, green or blue led fans.

has thumb screws to open up the lids, which there are 2 of for both sides, and it looks pretty cool.

But since your budget is 500 to 550, did you consider a 1050 ti?

10 minutes ago, Ofbasecfin said:

I find the sharkoon vg4-w a nice case, it's only 45 euros or something near that, and has 2 red, green or blue led fans.

has thumb screws to open up the lids, which there are 2 of for both sides, and it looks pretty cool.

But since your budget is 500 to 550, did you consider a 1050 ti?

I did consider a 1050 ti but since its already almost 500 euros with just a 1050 and the cheapest 1050 ti is 50-60 euros more expensive it wont fit into budget when I still need a case.

the fractal design focus G is like 50 euros

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

6 hours ago, AJXD said:

I did consider a 1050 ti but since its already almost 500 euros with just a 1050 and the cheapest 1050 ti is 50-60 euros more expensive it wont fit into budget when I still need a case.

Well first of all, you should just take a HDD, not a SSD, it's a huge waste of money, a SSD is kinda something you can upgrade to for quicker transfers (to other SSD'S) and quicker boot ups, but fr, don't only use a SSD in a PC, it shouldn't be your main storage plus 128GB is like gone in a day for me and I don't even download so much neither do I have that many games.

I picked a HDD with 1tb, almost the same price as that SSD.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/NVZpd6

It says it's 20 euros more, but fr.

Some people go like 200 euros over someone his budget and be like "yea just save up a bit longer"

Which I would suggest, but if you really want it with this budget that's what I can think off without taking hours and hours away from my own time.

16 hours ago, Ofbasecfin said:

Well first of all, you should just take a HDD, not a SSD, it's a huge waste of money, a SSD is kinda something you can upgrade to for quicker transfers (to other SSD'S) and quicker boot ups, but fr, don't only use a SSD in a PC, it shouldn't be your main storage plus 128GB is like gone in a day for me and I don't even download so much neither do I have that many games.

I picked a HDD with 1tb, almost the same price as that SSD.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/NVZpd6

It says it's 20 euros more, but fr.

Some people go like 200 euros over someone his budget and be like "yea just save up a bit longer"

Which I would suggest, but if you really want it with this budget that's what I can think off without taking hours and hours away from my own time.

I already ordered the parts that I picked with the THERMALTAKE Versa H15 Micro Tower case. I know what you mean that 128GB is not a lot. I had that at first for my first build with an SSD and it ran out really fast. But since I'm planning on getting a new HDD for my self I will give my old one to him which is a 500BG HDD. That should be enough for him just to start off. I plan on teaching my brother about PC's and how to upgrade so he might be upgrading bit by bit in the future.

4 hours ago, AJXD said:

I already ordered the parts that I picked with the THERMALTAKE Versa H15 Micro Tower case. I know what you mean that 128GB is not a lot. I had that at first for my first build with an SSD and it ran out really fast. But since I'm planning on getting a new HDD for my self I will give my old one to him which is a 500BG HDD. That should be enough for him just to start off. I plan on teaching my brother about PC's and how to upgrade so he might be upgrading bit by bit in the future.

Ah, okay, well with the SSD AND the HDD, it should be okay for him, and I wish I had a brother or sister who taught me about PC's when I was young, my uncle would've, but he died sadly.