New pc with loud psu at idle [Please Help!]

Hey everyone!

Yesterday i bought a prebuilt pc which came with a Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 700W Psu ( I know, not the best psu out there ) 

From the first boot the noise was noticeable and I thought it was the psu fan, but on closer expection it is the psu itself that’s making the noise.

While searching on the web for a possible solution, the pc went into sleep mode and the psu quiet down as if it powered down, but I could still feel cold air comming from the psu fan. The noise was gone even when I got out of sleep mode and openen some files and browser pages just to see if it would kickstart the psu noises again, and there weren’t any. When I did a restart the noises came back.

Did my brand new pc come with a faulty psu or is it somehow stuck at full power whenever I boot?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Specs:

Mobo: MSI B250M Bazooka Plus

Cpu: I5-7600K

Gpu: MSI gtx 1060 6gb

Ram: 2x 8gb

Psu: Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 700W

631635F9-2900-4A3F-A59E-67AC83DD7016.MOV

10 minutes ago, Predz said:

First of, the CPU is an i7 6700K or you're mixing it up with i5 7600K.

That sounds really bad. :/ I'd replace it. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

4 minutes ago, Klemmbrett said:

Another reason to build a system on your own and choose all components. Since you bought it yesterday return it, would be my advice. 

Agree with this one, return if possible.

Who pairs an i5 and a 1060 with a 700 watt PSU :S not to mention they've paired a K cpu with a B250 board...

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

5 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Who pairs an i5 and a 1060 with a 700 watt PSU :S not to mention they've paired a K cpu with a B250 board...

People that have a high quantity of said items in stock :) 

13 hours ago, Predz said:

Yesterday i bought a prebuilt pc which came with a Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 700W Psu ( I know, not the best psu out there ) 

Replace the PSU with one that is truly what you want, if possible.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

14 hours ago, Predz said:

I could still feel cold air comming from the psu fan.

FYI:  PSU fan is an intake.  There should be air coming from it.

Also, 700W is overkill.  Not that that fact has anything to do with your noise, but for the cost of that 700W PSU, they could have used a much higher quality 500~550W PSU.