Pc not starting, please help

Hello, yesterday my pc stopt working entirely. It was fine in the morning but when I wanted to use it later in the day it wouldn't do anything at all. I'm hoping someone might give me some advice.

Things I have already tried:

-All the basic stuff: different power cord and socket. Toggled the psu on off switch and checked all cables inside and out to see if anything was loose.

-Did some testing with the Psu. I can jump start it and anything I hook up to it works just fine except the pc itself. I've also partially connected another psu but that does nothing.

-I've tried to jump start the pc by connecting the positive and negative pins.

-Removed GPU

-Tried various different sticks of Ram (in the correct slot).

During all of this testing literally nothing happened. No sounds, no lights, no fans, nothing. At this point my guess would be that the motherboard just completely died. Under normal circumstances it should have shown some sign of life right? If only a little led or a spinning fan?

It's a gigabyte x99 gaming 5 motherboard with a 5820k cpu.

Can anyone tell me if it's likely that it's the motherboard that has died? Or might it be something else? Is there any way to check if the cpu is still ok? And are there other things you would suggest trying?

I obviously don't want to start spending money on new parts without knowing if it's actually going to fix anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gday EdoSens!

It sounds like you might have a dead motherboard on your hands. Since there is no sign of life, it would appear that there is some kind of power issue. You don't have a backup PSU somewhere that you can try to use? If not my best guess would be that your motherboard might indeed be dead.

But my suggestion would be, try installing a new PSU into your computer and see if that helps. Otherwise you may have to get a new motherboard. I don't want to worry you, but if the PSU died, it may have killed other components as well. :( 

Hopefully it didn't and I hope you can resolve this issue!

Thank you, I have tried another psu (from a working pc) and that doesn't help. Again literally nothing.

I hope my other parts are OK...

31 minutes ago, EdoSens said:

Thank you, I have tried another psu (from a working pc) and that doesn't help. Again literally nothing.

I hope my other parts are OK...

Well you got a dead mobo on your hands, there are some parts that should defo be just fine, but it could have taken your cpu down with it

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x