PC freezes and makes buzzing noises

my PC completely freezes and audio loops for about 10 seconds then stops. Can't move my mouse cursor or ctrl+alt+del because its frozen, screen doesn't go black it just goes static.

It happens when I am playing games and have chrome open in the background, it happens more if its a youtube video open in the background

my signature is in-accurate because i haven't been on this forum in a while :P

my specs:

i5-6600k

EVGA GTX 960 SC

Geil EVO X 16GB

Gigabyte H170M-DS3H

Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 650w 80+ gold

AMD R7 240GB SSD

Seagate ST1000LM014 1TB SSHD

2 Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDDs in raid 1

I have nothing overclocked but its still happens.

Nothing is over heating or at 100% usage when I look at my other monitor.

I've already done a google search and ran a memtest and it came back good.

If any more information is needed/wanted just leave a comment.

I'll get a picture of my second monitor if I can duplicate it.

any help would be appreciated thanks.

Spoiler

My computers as of 2017/03

My Old PC

Spoiler

Dell Vostro 260 $150 2010

CPU: i3-2120@3.3Ghz, GPU: Intel HD Graphics 2000, ATI Radeon X1300, RAM: 4GB Axevir Budget Series, SSD: 240GB Radeon R7, HDD: random 250GB and random 160 GB, CASE: Crap from Dell, OS: Windows 7 Enterprise

My Current PC

Spoiler

Custom Build $1200 2016

CPU: i5-6600k@3.6Ghz, GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury, RAM: 16GB Geil EVO X, SSD: 240GB Radeon R7, HDD: Hitachi 500GB, CASE: Deepcool Kendomen, OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Laptop

Spoiler

ASUS F8S $1150 2008

CPU: Core 2 Duo T7500, GPU: ATI 2400 Mobility, RAM: 8GB Mushkins, SSHD: 1TB Seagate Hybrid Drive, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate N and Windows 10 Professional

HTPC

Spoiler

MSi Cubi $200 2016

CPU: Pentium 3805u@1.9Ghz, GPU: Intel HD, RAM: 4GB Crucial DDR3L, SSD: 120GB Radeon R7

Other Laptop

Spoiler

HP 2210b $400 2009

CPU: Core 2 Duo T8100@2.1Ghz, GPU: Intel GM965, RAM: 2GB Hynix, HDD: Hitachi 160GB, OS: Linux Mint 17.3 and Lubuntu

*All Prices in the Canadian Dollar

You said that you would get a pic of the second monitor and that's good but my question is, since you are obviously running two monitors, does the problem happen to both monitors or to just one of them?  If you are running two monitors when the problem hits, is the chrome open in the background on the monitor that freezes or is chrome running on the separate monitor so that chrome is on one monitor and problem is on the other???

7 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

You said that you would get a pic of the second monitor and that's good but my question is, since you are obviously running two monitors, does the problem happen to both monitors or to just one of them?  If you are running two monitors when the problem hits, is the chrome open in the background on the monitor that freezes or is chrome running on the separate monitor so that chrome is on one monitor and problem is on the other???

both freeze, my computer freezes and the monitors freeze as well. so if i have system monitors open on my second monitor i can take a picture of the state of my computer when it freezes.

hope that clears it up.

Spoiler

My Old PC

Spoiler

CPU: i3-2120@3.3Ghz, GPU: Intel HD Graphics 2000, ATI Radeon X1300, RAM: 4GB Axevir Budget Series, SSD: 240GB Radeon R7, HDD: random 250GB and random 160 GB, CASE: Crap from Dell, OS: Windows 7 Enterprise

My Current PC

Spoiler

Custom Build $1200 2016

CPU: i5-6600k@3.6Ghz, GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury, RAM: 16GB Geil EVO X, SSD: 240GB Radeon R7, HDD: Hitachi 500GB, CASE: Deepcool Kendomen, OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Laptop

Spoiler

ASUS F8S $1150 2008

CPU: Core 2 Duo T7500, GPU: ATI 2400 Mobility, RAM: 8GB Mushkins, SSHD: 1TB Seagate Hybrid Drive, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate N and Windows 10 Professional

HTPC

Spoiler

MSi Cubi $200 2016

CPU: Pentium 3805u@1.9Ghz, GPU: Intel HD, RAM: 4GB Crucial DDR3L, SSD: 120GB Radeon R7

Other Laptop

Spoiler

HP 2210b $400 2009

CPU: Core 2 Duo T8100@2.1Ghz, GPU: Intel GM965, RAM: 2GB Hynix, HDD: Hitachi 160GB, OS: Linux Mint 17.3 and Lubuntu

Yea, thanks.  Looking at the system monitors, what sort of information can you get?  Is the cpu running hot?  Too many open windows?  Is the system/cpu overclocked?  Oops, you already said not overclocked.  Are the drive(s) running at 100 percent?  If the drive(s) are at 100 percent, what is it that is using the drives like that?  You're PSU should be okay, so I don't think that is part of the problem since it is 650 watts.  What os are you running?  Are all drivers up to date?  Since the drives are Seagate, have you tried any of the Seagate tools to check the drives to make sure everything is alright?  I believe they call them Seatools.

https://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

25 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Yea, thanks.  Looking at the system monitors, what sort of information can you get?  Is the cpu running hot?  Too many open windows?  Is the system/cpu overclocked?  Oops, you already said not overclocked.  Are the drive(s) running at 100 percent?  If the drive(s) are at 100 percent, what is it that is using the drives like that?  You're PSU should be okay, so I don't think that is part of the problem since it is 650 watts.  What os are you running?  Are all drivers up to date?  Since the drives are Seagate, have you tried any of the Seagate tools to check the drives to make sure everything is alright?  I believe they call them Seatools.

I've also stated that nothing is over heating or at 100% usage.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, all drivers are updated AFAIK.

I'll make sure to run the tool tomorrow as I'm gonna sleep now.

I don't think its my hard drives though as all the programs are run off of my SSD which I'll also check tomorrow.

Thanks for the help so far.

Spoiler

My Old PC

Spoiler

My Current PC

Spoiler

Custom Build $1200 2016

Laptop

Spoiler

ASUS F8S $1150 2008

HTPC

Spoiler

MSi Cubi $200 2016

Other Laptop

Spoiler

HP 2210b $400 2009

40 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

i ran the tool and all my drives came back as pass

Spoiler

My Old PC

Spoiler

My Current PC

Spoiler

Custom Build $1200 2016

Laptop

Spoiler

ASUS F8S $1150 2008

HTPC

Spoiler

MSi Cubi $200 2016

Other Laptop

Spoiler

HP 2210b $400 2009

Just thinking......  you said the problem comes up while playing games.  Does the problem happen with all games or just certain games?  You said the problem occurs while playing games and with Chrome open in the background.  Does it happen if Chrome is not open and the only thing running is the game?  Just out of shits and giggles, what is the name of the game(s)?  With the process of elimination, does the problem occur if by chance you were to disable the raid so just the SSD and the SSDD are running?  Is the game loaded on the SSD alone?  What if you disabled all drives but the SSD?  Would the problem still happen with just the SSD running?  If the game is on the SSD, then you could disable the other drives just to see if the problem was related to one of them instead.  For the time being, I would try to narrow it down by not having Chrome open, or having YouTube running while playing the game.  Just run the game alone and see if the problem persists.

Not trying to be nosy or problematic, but just trying to narrow things down a bit.

10 hours ago, kb5zue said:

Just thinking......  you said the problem comes up while playing games.  Does the problem happen with all games or just certain games?  You said the problem occurs while playing games and with Chrome open in the background.  Does it happen if Chrome is not open and the only thing running is the game?  Just out of shits and giggles, what is the name of the game(s)?  With the process of elimination, does the problem occur if by chance you were to disable the raid so just the SSD and the SSDD are running?  Is the game loaded on the SSD alone?  What if you disabled all drives but the SSD?  Would the problem still happen with just the SSD running?  If the game is on the SSD, then you could disable the other drives just to see if the problem was related to one of them instead.  For the time being, I would try to narrow it down by not having Chrome open, or having YouTube running while playing the game.  Just run the game alone and see if the problem persists.

Not trying to be nosy or problematic, but just trying to narrow things down a bit.

It only happened when I was playing world of tanks, but has happened once during CSGO yesterday.

I'll try disabling the drives and see if that changes anything.

Do you think it might be a GPU problem? I am not sure as my GTX 960 is connected to my main monitor and my second monitor is connected to my onboard graphics.

It also basically instantly happens if I open a game at the same time with Adobe After Effects.

Spoiler

My Old PC

Spoiler

My Current PC

Spoiler

Custom Build $1200 2016

Laptop

Spoiler

ASUS F8S $1150 2008

HTPC

Spoiler

MSi Cubi $200 2016

Other Laptop

Spoiler

HP 2210b $400 2009

10 hours ago, Hydraxiler32 said:

i ran the tool and all my drives came back as pass

Are you alt tabbing out of the game before this freeze happens?

if so try going on to the video settings of the game and put it on fullscreen windowed!

Could be an issue with GPU! Temps and usage of the GPU. Stress test GPU.

1 minute ago, TekSupport said:

Are you alt tabbing out of the game before this freeze happens?

if so try going on to the video settings of the game and put it on fullscreen windowed!

Could be an issue with GPU! Temps and usage of the GPU. Stress test GPU.

no gpu temps max out at like 60 c.

The freezing happens during the games. 

Spoiler

My Old PC

Spoiler

My Current PC

Spoiler

Custom Build $1200 2016

Laptop

Spoiler

ASUS F8S $1150 2008

HTPC

Spoiler

MSi Cubi $200 2016

Other Laptop

Spoiler

HP 2210b $400 2009

17 hours ago, Hydraxiler32 said:

It only happened when I was playing world of tanks, but has happened once during CSGO yesterday.

I'll try disabling the drives and see if that changes anything.

Do you think it might be a GPU problem? I am not sure as my GTX 960 is connected to my main monitor and my second monitor is connected to my onboard graphics.

It also basically instantly happens if I open a game at the same time with Adobe After Effects.

Regarding the buzzing noise, try opening the case and finding out which fan is making the noise.

Also for the temps get them from the bios.

Try connecting both monitors to the graphics card.

I've had a similar issue when I moved to windows 10 64 bit and got a new GPU. I would play LoL and the screen would freeze, the audio would go for like 5-10 seconds and then stop and the pc would be unresponsive. When I restarted the PC I saw a msg at the notification bar. It was saying that a specific application, in my case LoL was blocked from accessing graphical hardware. This also happend to me with Google. Ehm, you can read online about it. Some say that you need to turn on Game Bar or w.e 

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&hs=z5m&ei=R1pPWq_eGcPJsQHSupuIBw&q=application+blocked+from+accessing+graphics+hardwre&oq=application+blocked+from+accessing+graphics+hardwre&gs_l=psy-ab.3...110110.113900.0.113954.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.tu89asPfr0A

Check out a few of the links