Where to find metal (no plastic) res mounts?

Chiru

Hey

I have to fix my 50 mm diameter reservoir to my case and for that i need some mounts.

I had some acrylic ones that came with the res, but they are too brittle.

Some metal clamps would be great.... can't find any tho.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Car parts shop? They have many different mounts or mounting hardware, for different components. Otherwise, just walk into an hardware store, and look around.

1 hour ago, Chiru said:

Hey

I have to fix my 50 mm diameter reservoir to my case and for that i need some mounts.

I had some acrylic ones that came with the res, but they are too brittle.

Some metal clamps would be great.... can't find any tho.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Actylic or ABS plastic wouldn't have any issues mounting and holding a res at all, but if you want something metal unless it's standard size your probably going to need to make something. I know singularity makes aluminum mounts but I believe those are 60mm. 

If you just want some metal clamps, you can use some metal band or screw clamps 

Image result for screw clamp hose with bracketImage result for screw clamp hose with bracket

These are exactly what you are looking for: https://www.singularitycomputers.com/product-category/watercooling/reservoir-mounts/

Singularity computers is a modding company that produces products specifically for modding and water cooling.

These mounts are designed to hold cylindrical reservoirs onto radiators.

Linus has mentioned them a few times in his videos. Singularity computers has a wonderful Youtube channel that produces videos with water cooling build logs. A great resource for modding and water cooling

1 hour ago, Destro506 said:

These are exactly what you are looking for: https://www.singularitycomputers.com/product-category/watercooling/reservoir-mounts/

Singularity computers is a modding company that produces products specifically for modding and water cooling.

These mounts are designed to hold cylindrical reservoirs onto radiators.

Linus has mentioned them a few times in his videos. Singularity computers has a wonderful Youtube channel that produces videos with water cooling build logs. A great resource for modding and water cooling

These won't work for his 50mm diameter res since they're designed for 60mm reservoirs only.

Depending on your budget, you could perhaps draw some up (or get someone to draw some up for you) and have them laser cut locally from some 8mm or so acrylic (not metal, but far from brittle). I don't know of any 50mm res mounts unfortunately.

Case Design | CAD | Custom Watercooling Parts | Loop Design | Cable Sleeving and Management 

Fittings Guide  |  Most recent completed build: Glass & Aluminium  |  Current build(s): Project Starscream

12 hours ago, AperumDesign said:

These won't work for his 50mm diameter res since they're designed for 60mm reservoirs only.

Depending on your budget, you could perhaps draw some up (or get someone to draw some up for you) and have them laser cut locally from some 8mm or so acrylic (not metal, but far from brittle). I don't know of any 50mm res mounts unfortunately.

My bad, I did not realize that singularity was only making 60mm res holders. I should have looked further.