EVGA Hybrid Pump Not Working

RaudiTT

Hello, I have a EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid card and recently took it apart to apply some Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal paste to improve temperatures. I have put all the cables back where they were, and it turns out the pump is not working. I have ample power to the GPU, and the card works fine, but when I fire up a test the temps go from and idle 40C (which is not normal) to a shocking 90C within 10 seconds. No joke. I am going to make sure my PSU cables are seated correctly, because I recently did a full PC clean and undid the cables for the GPU and everything else in the process. When I fire up FurMark, I can hear a very, very quiet "buzzing" sound from the radiator as if the pump is trying to work, but cannot. And I also don't feel any vibrations or hear it circulating the water from time to time.

If anyone here has this pump and knows how to fix this or have any advice, please respond.

Thanks so much,
~David

warranty the card out or buy a replacement AIO and replace it

id warranty the card if i was in your position 

Just now, luigi90210 said:

warranty the card out or buy a replacement AIO and replace it

id warranty the card if i was in your position 

Yeah...unfortunately I have already ordered a new pump altogether to avoid all the time to get it replaced or risk wasting extra time and money if it was at my mistake.

Just now, RaudiTT said:

Yeah...unfortunately I have already ordered a new pump altogether to avoid all the time to get it replaced or risk wasting extra time and money if it was at my mistake.

i just saw you took the card apart, that voids the EVGA warranty(technically it doesnt but i dont think you want to sue EVGA over a $700 graphics card) and they wont fix your card, i would just order a new AIO and be done with it either that or order a GPU block and pump and make a custom GPU loop LOL

idk how much a new AIO costs but if its pricey there is a kit from EK that watercools your CPU and GPU for $240, it comes with everything, the universal pascal block, the CPU block, the pump and res, fittings and tubing, and a 240mm radiator i have been looking into that personally for my build, might be worth considering if the AIO costs like $150

1 minute ago, luigi90210 said:

i just saw you took the card apart, that voids the EVGA warranty(technically it doesnt but i dont think you want to sue EVGA over a $700 graphics card) and they wont fix your card, i would just order a new AIO and be done with it either that or order a GPU block and pump and make a custom GPU loop LOL

idk how much a new AIO costs but if its pricey there is a kit from EK that watercools your CPU and GPU for $240, it comes with everything, the universal pascal block, the CPU block, the pump and res, fittings and tubing, and a 240mm radiator i have been looking into that personally for my build, might be worth considering if the AIO costs like $150

Yeah, I ordered the original pump off of Amazon....thanks for your reply.

1 minute ago, RaudiTT said:

Yeah, I ordered the original pump off of Amazon....thanks for your reply.

no worries good luck :)

• 3 weeks later...

What AIO did you end up going with as a replacement? I have been looking at replacing mine with a 240 but i am honestly not sure what pumps fit the EVGA 1080ti hybrids. Will any asetek style pump work?