HDMI to VGA... need help 'bout this

Djesur Feim

Hi guys

My friend broke tv's hdmi port so we bought an hdmi to vga adapter. When we plugged everything it was good but 10 sec later it goes black like its never plugged in. Pls help me...

(In de pic u can see the adapter)

1514915005755903419377.jpg

I have always had bad luck with those sort of adapters. They generally do something funky like that. you can try to use the adapter with a different monitor but Im thinking your adapter isnt working properly. I found one that I really like that is 20 bucks from Walmart and have bought several and all of them work flawlessly.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/V7-CBLHDAV-1N-HDMI-TO-VGA-ADAPTER-CABL-WHT-LAPTOP-TO-VGA-PROJECTOR-LCD-TV/34937690

How the hell did your friend broke the HDMI port? Some TVs have more than 1 HDMI.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

17 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

How the hell did your friend broke the HDMI port? Some TVs have more than 1 HDMI.

He just kick the cable while walking. And no it has just 1 port.

17 hours ago, thefatcat2017 said:

I have always had bad luck with those sort of adapters. They generally do something funky like that. you can try to use the adapter with a different monitor but Im thinking your adapter isnt working properly. I found one that I really like that is 20 bucks from Walmart and have bought several and all of them work flawlessly.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/V7-CBLHDAV-1N-HDMI-TO-VGA-ADAPTER-CABL-WHT-LAPTOP-TO-VGA-PROJECTOR-LCD-TV/34937690

Thank u for the help

14 hours ago, Djesur Feim said:

Thank u for the help

No problem! Hope you can get it working.