Windows gets Prepaired. After every start

Go to solution Solved by samcool55,

I would format the drive completely and reinstall windows from scratch. Hopefully that solves the issue.

Hello LTT forum. i have an REALY annoying problem.(pc specs below)

Everytime i Restart or Start my PC i always have to wait 10-20 minutes on an screen that says: "Windows gets Prepaired".. <Translated.[German" Windows wird vorbereitet"]

When i start THEN shutdown the PC while its saying Windows gets prepaired windows is broken, and wont start .. (stuck in this screen)

but if i keep this running and not shutdown then it sometimes starts and lets me login

I reseted windows a couple times.. (atleast 10 times)

This problem started when i had everything perfectly working ....

i had an windows theme installed thats (probably) not compatible with the build...

then windows made an automatic update...

and i couldnt login cause the theme crashed everytime..(login >blackscreen...5 seconds ... login>...)

then i did reset windows. since the problem is occuring. but not allways. but 90% out of the time

sometimes this takes 5 minutes, sometimes it just stuck an hour and i shutdown and reset..

PC Specifications:
Grafics Card: 	Zotac GeForce® GTX 960 AMP! 4g		
Processor:		AMD FX 8350 (8 core) 				4400MHz
RAM:			HyperX Predator 16GB				1866MHz
Motherboard:	Asus M5A99FX EVO R2.0				

Operating 
System:			Windows 10 	Build 10.0.16299

I would format the drive completely and reinstall windows from scratch. Hopefully that solves the issue.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Have you disabled the theme when you were able to login? If that is the problem disabling the theme should probably fix it.

When you are able to login, can you search for updates? Maybe new updates along with disabling the theme will fix it.

If that doesn't work you're probably going to have to do a fresh install.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

The built-in 'Reset this PC' -function doesn't do much in terms of attempting to fix underlying issues. If you have a corrupted driver installed now, it'll be corrupted after the reset and so on. If that's what you've been using to reinstall, forget it and run the installer off of a separate USB stick. Obviously skip trying to fix issues or retain data/settings in there too. Obviously get your backups first. :D 

Also, Win 10 is dumping data on partitions other than the C: and whatnot you can see. So to avoid issues, remember to remove all the tiny partitions your old instance has created (and stored data on). Delete all of them and let the installer re-create fresh ones, don't just spam Next. ;)