• Sega Saturn (SEGA)
    • PlayStation (Classic) (SONY)
    • Panasonic 3DO (PANASONIC)
    • Atari Jaguar (ATARI)
    • Neo-Geo CD (SNK)
    • PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 (NEC)
    • PC Engine2/SuperGrafx (NEC)
    • Sega Genesis/Mega Drive (SEGA)
    • Super Nintendo Entertainment System/Super Famicom (NINTENDO)
    • Neo-Geo (SNK)
    • Phillips CD-i (PHILLIPS)
    • Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer (Famicom) (NINTENDO)
    • Family Computer Disk System (NINTENDO) (JAPAN ONLY)
    • Sega Master System (SEGA)
  2. 2. Continued...

• Atari 7800 (ATARI)
    • Atari 5200 (ATARI)
    • Atari 2600 (ATARI)
    • Magnavox Odyssey 2 (MAGNAVOX)
    • ColecoVision (COLECO)
    • Vectrex (MILTON BRADLEY COMPANY)
    • Intellivision (MATTEL)
    • Color TV Game (NINTENDO) (JAPAN ONLY)
    • Atari PONG (Atari)
    • Magnavox Odyssey (Classic) (MAGNAVOX)
    • Coleco Telstar Arcade (COLECO)

Hey guys, I'm just taking a quick poll on what is your favorite Retro Gaming console. This means any type of console that is before a PlayStation 2.

PS1 was my first console so I am partial to that. Also you can make an actual poll in this forum to get actual numbers.

SNES. It was the GOAT console for RPGs between Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy IV, Earthbound, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, and Shadowrun and has the best Zelda game with A Link to the Past. It has the best game IMO in the incredible Castlevania series with Super Castlevania IV plus Super Metroid and Super Mario World. It has two of the top arcade style racing games ever made in F-Zero and Super Mario Kart. It has arguably the two greatest fighting games ever in nearly arcade perfect ports of Street Fighter II Turbo and Mortal Kombat II. NHL 94 is one of the most fun sports games ever made. The Donkey Kong Country games still look amazing today 23 years later. There has never been a console that aged as well as the SNES. About the only games on it that haven't aged well are the two Starfox games and maybe Pilotwings.

Probably the Genesis since I have very fond memories of it. My first console was an NES and I had loads of fun on it (btw, I was probably five or so when I got it) but I became enamored with a certain hedgehog every time I walked by the video game systems that were set up at the mall or Wal-Mart. 

So one Christmas I spent all my Christmas money and bought a Sega Genesis model 2 with Sonic Pinball included. I absolutely loved that system to death and still do.

That said, I always wanted an SNES and I begged my parents for one but they would never cave and buy me one. It wasn't until the PS2/Dreamcast era that I would finally go back and play some of the SNES games like Final Fantasy 3 and Chrono Trigger. Oh boy, I loved my Genesis but I missed a lot by not having an SNES.

But yeah, I think the Genesis is my favorite. I think there are just more games on that system that interest me.

24 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Probably the Genesis since I have very fond memories of it. My first console was an NES and I had loads of fun on it (btw, I was probably five or so when I got it) but I became enamored with a certain hedgehog every time I walked by the video game systems that were set up at the mall or Wal-Mart. 

So one Christmas I spent all my Christmas money and bought a Sega Genesis model 2 with Sonic Pinball included. I absolutely loved that system to death and still do.

That said, I always wanted an SNES and I begged my parents for one but they would never cave and buy me one. It wasn't until the PS2/Dreamcast era that I would finally go back and play some of the SNES games like Final Fantasy 3 and Chrono Trigger. Oh boy, I loved my Genesis but I missed a lot by not having an SNES.

But yeah, I think the Genesis is my favorite. I think there are just more games on that system that interest me.

Genesis was such an amazing system. Have you played Sonic Mania yet? It feels like what the Sonic games on Saturn should have been. It feels like the Genesis games but if run with Saturn level graphics.

11 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Genesis was such an amazing system. Have you played Sonic Mania yet? It feels like what the Sonic games on Saturn should have been. It feels like the Genesis games but if run with Saturn level graphics.

No but I have been meaning to. The game looks absolutely amazing and tickles my nostalgia bone.

GameCube, followed by the PS2. 

They are both the most nostalgia to me and still consoles I both still play. The GameCube controller is even my favorite controller ever.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I went Gamecube, though the SNES is a very close second. I love the games on the N64, but some suffered from being 3D pioneers with awkward controls and camera angles. And the N64 is a pig to get a good quality signal out of, especially the PAL ones. 

Poll doesn't seem to work.

The NEO GEO is by far the most badass system ever. Nothing comes close. Nothing.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

On 1/3/2018 at 9:31 AM, Monkey Dust said:

I went Gamecube, though the SNES is a very close second. I love the games on the N64, but some suffered from being 3D pioneers with awkward controls and camera angles. And the N64 is a pig to get a good quality signal out of, especially the PAL ones. 

Have you seen the HDMI mod? It's supposed to be a bitch to get that kit though.

19 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Have you seen the HDMI mod? It's supposed to be a bitch to get that kit though.

Yeah supply is very limited, and I'd have to get it fitted as my soldering skills aren't that sharp. I'm currently running a special 'PAL N64' S-video cable (The PAL N64 can't use the NTSC S-Video cable, for a reason know only to Nintendo) though the Frameister, which is ok. I'm more likely to go with the RGB mod as it's cheaper and I already have a Framemeister.