Pc restarts playing certain games

Chinock

Hi everyone,

Ive recently built my first pc but i have been having issues where my pc restarts during certain games not all games its happened so far on the division, escape from tarkov and miscreated only workaround was to put the settings down to the lowest possilble. I have done everything possible to find out the issue keeping an eye on my gpu and cpu temperatures which are all fin, updating to my latest bios and doing the memtest86 which passed so im stuck at what the issue only thing i can think of is my psu is at fault my specs are Ryzen 5 1600, Msi R9 390, 8GB DDR4 2133 and Aerocool integrator 700w  

Just now, Chinock said:

No haven't done any OC

Could be the PSU then. Don't know much about PSU's however

Search for your event viewer, open it up and expand 'Windows logs'. Under system look for any critical events, they should give you a much better idea of what's going on. 

Ok ive just checked the windows log and found this 

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

39 minutes ago, Chinock said:

Ok ive just checked the windows log and found this 

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Without knowing anything else i would bet my money on a bad PSU :) 

Its definitely PSU. Your PSU is on its way. I had this exact same problem and i replaced the PSU and now no more restarts. 

To put into simple words PSU's degrade over time (how old is your PSU) and these things happen soo sudden like today you are playing all nice and the next day your PSU is dying ... GOD DAMMIT NOT AGAIN .. 

PSU restarts the computer when it cannot provide the required power to the computer parts to avoid damaging them . 

Microsoft in there infinite wisdom have decided to impose a VRAM cap for games the that use DX9 o.O. May God Bless them those whoever came up with that idea. :dry:

You're looking for something that does not, has not, will not, might not or must not exist ... ... but you're always welcome to search for it.