Weird issue with optical media in Win7

Ok, so in the house I have a 775 machine that I have installed both Win 7 and Win XP in dual boot, today I opened the machine and cleaned it up a bit while I unplugged the sata connectors and plugged them right back in, the cables were in the way.

Here's the thing, the system works just fine, apart from a small and bizarre problem that I've encountered before and the only solution was the re-installation of Windows. Which I do not want to do, so maybe someone can tell me of a solution that doesn't involve the reinstallation of windows..

The problem is in Win 7 I cannot explore the contents of a dvd (yes I still use disks from time to time in almost 2018 :) ) . I insert the disk, no autoplay comes up and when I go to computer I can see the disk there with its name, but when I try to open nothing happens, Even when I try to open it from the list on the left.

I know it's not the disk or the drive itself since it works in XP with no problems. And here's the thing if I right click and select copy it will actually copy the contents (I'm talking in win7 here). But no matter what I do I can't explore it anymore.

Oh and all disks do the same, it's a win7 problem, not a disk/drive problem.

So has anyone encountered such a problem and managed to fix it with ease?

Oh and yes I've uninstalled the drive from device manager and even physically unplugging it and plugging it back with no change.