How To Turn On PC w/o Mobo Pins

My motherboard front panel pins won't turn the PC on when bridged with a screwdriver yet the motherboard light, GPU light, ethernet light, and keyboard LEDs are on so power is definitely going through the system. Is there any other way to turn it on? 

Specs:

Case: Define R4 

CPU: i7 4770k 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87

RAM: Adata XPG 16GB 

Storage: Adata 128GB SSD and WD 1TB HDD 

PSU: SeaSonic 750W 

1 minute ago, Obersachse said:

You could just wire a new button if you have one and don't mind soldering it.

But he just said that shorting the pins doesn't work, so putting in a button won't work either.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, vigorstick said:

My motherboard front panel pins won't turn the PC on when bridged with a screwdriver yet the motherboard light, GPU light, ethernet light, and keyboard LEDs are on so power is definitely going through the system. Is there any other way to turn it on?

Are you absolutely certain that you are trying to short the correct pins and that you haven't accidentally shorted wrong pins at any moment? Even a very tiny slip shorting wrong pins could possibly break the mobo.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Are you absolutely certain that you are trying to short the correct pins and that you haven't accidentally shorted wrong pins at any moment? Even a very tiny slip shorting wrong pins could possibly break the mobo.

Also make sure the PSU is properly connected and turned on

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

7 minutes ago, vigorstick said:

Specs:

Case: Define R4 

CPU: i7 4770k 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87

RAM: Adata XPG 16GB 

Storage: Adata 128GB SSD and WD 1TB HDD 

PSU: SeaSonic 750W 

are fans spinning?

Just now, MegaLukey said:

are fans spinning?

No, because the PC itself isn't turned on. When powered off, the lights that I mentioned are still on. That's just when the PSU is switched on. 

17 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I wasn't sure which pins I was supposed to bridge so I just bridged a couple of different ones. I'm guessing that's what messed everything up. Not sure why little stuff like this isn't mentioned during build tutorials. But is it a definite yes or just possible that bridging different pins could ruin things?

3 minutes ago, vigorstick said:

I wasn't sure which pins I was supposed to bridge so I just bridged a couple of different ones.

Yeah, that's definitely a very big no-no. O.o

4 minutes ago, vigorstick said:

But is it a definite yes or just possible that bridging different pins could ruin things?

It's not a definite thing, it depends on your mobo and all such stuff. Now right your best bet is to completely remove power from the system and wait a few minutes for all the caps to empty themselves, and then try again -- and this time check your manual that you are definitely using the correct pins. If it's still not working then you've fried your mobo by shorting the wrong pins.

10 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Yeah, that's definitely a very big no-no. O.o

It's not a definite thing, it depends on your mobo and all such stuff. Now right your best bet is to completely remove power from the system and wait a few minutes for all the caps to empty themselves, and then try again -- and this time check your manual that you are definitely using the correct pins. If it's still not working then you've fried your mobo by shorting the wrong pins.

I'll give this a try. Wish me luck.

1 minute ago, vigorstick said:

I'll give this a try. Wish me luck.

Good luck!