Asus Aura or Hue+ for interior case lighting.

I have been planing a rgb workstation in the Define R6 with an X99 deluxe ll, and an Evga 1080ti, so the gpu sync won't matter. 

So would Asus Aura or a Hue+ be a better option?

The Hue+ is very nice, but I've had the LED strips break down on me three times within a year now, so I'm kind of questioning its quality at the moment :/ and with break down I don't mean it really breaks, just that some LEDs start getting color issues (probably some of the "sub-LEDs" degrading). Can't speak for Aura though as I've never used it.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

5 hours ago, A0Person said:

I have been planing a rgb workstation in the Define R6 with an X99 deluxe ll, and an Evga 1080ti, so the gpu sync won't matter. 

So would Asus Aura or a Hue+ be a better option?

It's really up to you and how you want to integrate your RGB systems. If your are looking for syncing RGB systems such as RAM the Aura option would be able to do that. 

On 12/30/2017 at 3:13 PM, W-L said:

If your are looking for syncing RGB systems such as RAM the Aura option would be able to do that. 

That is true, but I am using Vengeance Lpx.  I am wondering if the Cam mobile app can control the Hue+, which would be something I would prefer, since I can't find an Asus Aura mobile app.

12 minutes ago, A0Person said:

That is true, but I am using Vengeance Lpx.  I am wondering if the Cam mobile app can control the Hue+, which would be something I would prefer, since I can't find an Asus Aura mobile app.

No the software and control systems are all proprietary to themselves so they can't interface with each other. With Asus Aura it will all have to be gone on the computer itself.