A Fork in the Road

I've had this thought on my mind, and I thought that I should bring it to the forums because I cannot seem to make a decision.  I have two somewhat built computers and listed below are the specs of each.

PC #1

CPU: Intel i7-2600k

Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-WS (Workstation Board)

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 1833Mhz 32GB DDR3

Case: NZXT H440 (black and blue)

That's about all this one has... haha...

PC #2

CPU: Intel i3-6100

Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth z170s

RAM: 16GB(4x4gb) 2400Mhz Ballstix Sport Ram (white)

GPU: R9 390 8GB by Sapphire (painted white)

Case: S340 White

Storage: 4TB WD Blue (had an ssd array but all the drives died, rip)

PSU: Corsair Hx1000i (With white cablemod cables)

Cooler: Corsair H110i

(My profile shows a picture of this build as the header picture)

My question continues to be should I move my graphics card, psu, and hard drive into the h440 and rock that system and forget about the i3 system and sell it? Or should I do the opposite and sell the old hardware?  I really don't have the need for all this computer hardware laying around.  I'll be buying an SSD for either build to get them back on their feet.  Both cases have many damage marks from being taken to lan parties every weekend, so I'm worried of getting rid of all the hardware for whichever route I take.  And since both cases are in bad condition, I really like the Fractal Design R6 that just came out so eventually I'd move whichever hardware I choose into one of those once the money is there (my lan party days are over).  Since it might be brought up, the system is going to be used mostly for Autodesk Inventor work, Vivado (Hardware Engineering) work, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator Work, and lots of gaming of course.  Should I keep the i3 system and upgrade to an 6700k?  There are so many open ends to this, and with every upgrade it's just something else to get rid of.  I hope someone can see a logical answer to all of this, because honestly I'm pretty confused on which direction to take.  

Life is beach, and I'm eating the sand.  Silicon that is.

The 2600 is still a better CPU and it's a true quad core. I'd probably go with that one and with an overclock (you can get those things to 4.4 GHz easy) and the 390, you have a very serviceable gaming rig. Then dump off the 6100, Z170, and ram. 

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 8700k | be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac | 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ | 256 GB Intel® SSD 600p Series | ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Mini | Fractal Design Node 304 | Cooler Master V750 | Asus MG279Q | Asus VC279 | Logitech G710+ | Corsair M65 Pro RGB

I'd say sell PC #1 and use the money from that to get a 6700k. After you get the 6700k, sell the i3 for more money.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).