Samsung CF397 32" refresh rate

mech
Go to solution Solved by phongle123,
2 minutes ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

Hey guys!

I was looking at this monitor but could not find the refresh rate of it... I am guessing it is 60hz, but I could be wrong. Could someone double check me on that... Thanks! :D

Samsung - 32" FHD Curved Monitor - LC32F397FWEXXY

Monitor Screen Size: 32"

• Panel Type: VA
  • Aspect Ratio: 16:09
  • Display Resolution: 1920x1080
  • Screen Curvature: 1800R
  • Refresh Rate (Hz): 60
  • Response Time (ms): 4 (GTG)
  • Contrast Ratio: 3000:1

Hey guys!

I was looking at this monitor but could not find the refresh rate of it... I am guessing it is 60hz, but I could be wrong. Could someone double check me on that... Thanks! :D

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

2 minutes ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

Hey guys!

Samsung - 32" FHD Curved Monitor - LC32F397FWEXXY

Monitor Screen Size: 32"

• Panel Type: VA
  • Aspect Ratio: 16:09
  • Display Resolution: 1920x1080
  • Screen Curvature: 1800R
  • Refresh Rate (Hz): 60
  • Response Time (ms): 4 (GTG)
  • Contrast Ratio: 3000:1

Product description on Amazon says 60hz.  Its a VA panel with 4ms response time, so not great for gaming if that's your purpose.

4 minutes ago, Vantage9 said:

Product description on Amazon says 60hz.  Its a VA panel with 4ms response time, so not great for gaming if that's your purpose.

99% of people are gaming perfectly fine at 60Hz.

Also, pixel response time is a useless number mostly used for marketing purposes, input lag is what matters.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

7 minutes ago, Vantage9 said:

4ms IS great for gaming. Props for you if you can see that 3ms. However, GTG doesn't mean crap. The LG 27UD68 with its 5ms GTG beats half of the 1ms TN panels with its actual 9.6ms input lag. Input lag is in simple terms the addition of time it takes to from mouse to screen. Meaning the actual latency of the monitor is 4.6ms + 5ms of GTG. I've seen TN panels with 1ms GTG with input lag of 27ms which is 3x that of the LG IPS I stated.

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

99% of people are gaming perfectly fine at 60Hz.

Also, pixel response time is a useless number mostly used for marketing purposes, input lag is what matters.

Sure, but if you're in the market for a monitor, why not buy one geared towards your primary use?  VA panels are like the inbetween panel for people who can't decide between IPS (pretty for productivity users and relaxed gamers) and TN (faster for competitive gamers).

3 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

4ms IS great for gaming. Props for you if you can see that 3ms. However, GTG doesn't mean crap. The LG 27UD68 with its 5ms GTG beats half of the 1ms TN panels with its actual 9.6ms input lag. Input lag is in simple terms the addition of time it takes to from mouse to screen. Meaning the actual latency of the monitor is 4.6ms + 5ms of GTG. I've seen TN panels with 1ms GTG with input lag of 27ms which is 3x that of the LG IPS I stated.

I was mostly talking about the VA panel choice, which you also seemed to avoid (by talking about an IPS), but lets be honest - both our comments are already over the OP's head, or else he'd have looked the shit up himself.

Just now, Vantage9 said:

I was mostly talking about the VA panel choice, which you also seemed to avoid (by talking about an IPS), but lets be honest - both our comments are already over the OP's head, or else he'd have looked the shit up himself.

Um..... I'm talking about GTG and Input lag. You must be trolling or uneducated about this topic. 

I seriously don't understand why you're being combative with me when I'm not disagreeing with you about anything . . . but it is the internet so might as well be an asshole, right?