bottleneck / compatibility check for build

I am looking to buy a new workstation. And i found the following parts see link: 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Q3MZnn 

the max price for this build will be 2k dollars. 

And i was wondering if these parts work well together / don't bottleneck each other. And if this is the best price for performance. I dont know a lot about hardware, but i know for the stuff i am going to be doing on this pc a gpu with a lot of ram is important and the cpu with many cores is also very important. and a decent amount of ram cant hurt either. 

And will this pc also be ok for some spare-time gaming?

FYI i will be using this pc for 3D rendering and machine learning / deep learning. 

thanks in advance for your insights :)

A larger SSD and a WD Black 2 TB. That is all I can think of will better your system. Otherwise you are good. 

4 minutes ago, Wwadsworth said:

A larger SSD and a WD Black 2 TB. That is all I can think of will better your system. Otherwise you are good. 

Thanks for your comment :) But i dont think i will need the extra space tbh ;) and i guess i can always add it later when i need it right? And there are no options out there that will reduce the price for the same type of performance. 

1 minute ago, FuturisticSpaceCake said:

Thanks for your comment :) But i dont think i will need the extra space tbh ;) and i guess i can always add it later when i need it right? And there are no options out there that will reduce the price for the same type of performance. 

You may be able to get a Newegg combo deal and shave a few bucks off it all. 

The Asus Prime-A is about as good as the Gaming 5, but can use Aura Sync to sync your RAM with other LEDs. Also costs a bit less.

Cheaper RAM? Or spend $10 more to get a Samsung B-die RGB kit.

If the Strix is in stock, swap the GPU for that one. A much better cooler, and RGB that's compatible with Asus' stuff.

Maybe a better PSU. 

Maybe a 500GB SSD instead of a 250GB one

Overall not much to change

:)

Depending on the task, you might want to consider Ryzen 7, TR4, or X299, possibly with a weaker GPU

:)

55 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Depending on the task, you might want to consider Ryzen 7, TR4, or X299, possibly with a weaker GPU

I think with zen + around the corner I would hold off on doing any Ryzen purchases for the next 3 months. But the only thing coming out of Intel anytime soon is the supposed coffeelake refresh that may have a 8 core variant for the CPU so we will have to see.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

47 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

I think with zen + around the corner I would hold off on doing any Ryzen purchases for the next 3 months. But the only thing coming out of Intel anytime soon is the supposed coffeelake refresh that may have a 8 core variant for the CPU so we will have to see.

will these coffeelake cpu's work with the lga 1151 socket?

3 minutes ago, FuturisticSpaceCake said:

will these coffeelake cpu's work with the lga 1151 socket?

No, although honestly they should, You have to get the 370 chipset, the 1151 for Kabylake any Skylake won't work.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/