Star Citizen and Org End of Year Update

rentaspoon

3.0 released to all backers

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16348-Star-Citizen-Alpha-300

Optimisation is still needed as they have found player count isn't the issue however doing things like exploding a Caterpillar full of cargo over a planetary base upsets the servers. Read more here:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-0-performance-tidbits/824021

Squadron 42 demo was posted, personally I recommend watching the whole thing then listening to the directors commentary as they address a lot of issues I had with the gameplay.

Personally I thought the acting and scripting was 10/10. Best scam ever.

In other news, CIG are now going to quarterly year releases due to becoming to feature focused and not releasing enough in the previous year

Org Related

After a stressful year and agreeing with Corwin, I have handed ownership of the Discord Channel to him. He was already running 90% of it and it allows me to focus on more of the planning Saturday meet ups and more org stuff. If your not already on the chat join here:

https://discord.gg/GxmAHM6

We finally hit the 3000 member mark, not bad for an org that isn't game related that refused to push up numbers by aggressive invitation.

Squadrons are being reassessed for roles in game, more on that next year.

Battle EXtravaganza 3.0

BEX 3.0 will be making a come back, it will involve fleet and squadron leaders fighting over different locations of the PU. Seperate thread to follow on that. This will also be the application that Code Wars will be creating

The Council

The Council will be established in 3.0 soon, not all roles will be available at the start as there is no trading nor will we be taxing until orgs 2.0/3.0 kicks in, however we will be testing the waters, once prepped and agreed with the High Council we will open to elections.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

See ya in the verse.

Love it, as things go I have had a busy year but I hope to join back and be more active in meetup and such in the new year. As a current wing commander I should show my face more than I do and will try this year :)

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

10 hours ago, abyss03 said:

Love it, as things go I have had a busy year but I hope to join back and be more active in meetup and such in the new year. As a current wing commander I should show my face more than I do and will try this year :)

Well at least I will have a few tatters of my once grande squadron lol

Today (or maybe it was yesterday) I got to play 3.0 with a kind of decent framerate (3-30fps but mostly 20-30fps) and Crusader is starting to be more playable in terms of gameplay. So it looks like 2018 is going to be an exciting year.