Strange ram shape?

Hey I, I’d say I’m not new to PC building, I have all the theory knowledge however this is the first time I have done anything practical. 

So on my first pc build the bleeper(speaker) on the motherboard indicated no memory was being read, so I checked and the stick was not completely flush with the slot. So I reseated the stick stick countless times, tried the other slot etc, then I discovered that memory sticks have a random slant where the pins are? (Not the key) I check on amazon and they are the same on there? I’m pretty sure this isn’t what’s preventing the ram stick from going in fully? I can push one side of the stick in all the way but they do not go in simultaneously, here is the RAM and MB I have, please get back to me ASAP: 

Gskill F4 2133 °C15S F3-1600 °C11D-8GNT Memory D4 2133 8GB C15 NT 1x 8GB 1.2 V

ASRock motherboard 90-MXB3P0-A0UAYZ, black

this is an image of the curve I’m talking about:

8CB7F9BA-4F1E-49AF-A9DC-0DC34691BDB7.jpeg

That's pretty strange. I found it on another one of their models as well: https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-2400c15s-8gnt

Maybe it just has something to do with material savings or something. You could probably contact them to find out.

Can you push one side down then get the other to clip in?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

That's how DDR4 is supposed to look

You say you can't get them to go in fully, are you sure you've lined the notch up correctly? It will only fully seat one way.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

i thought the same when i got my team group Dark Pro 3200 memory kit, its strange but might be normal

4 minutes ago, Raspilogan said:

Hey I, I’d say I’m not new to PC building, I have all the theory knowledge however this is the first time I have done anything practical. 

So on my first pc build the bleeper(speaker) on the motherboard indicated no memory was being read, so I checked and the stick was not completely flush with the slot. So I reseated the stick stick countless times, tried the other slot etc, then I discovered that memory sticks have a random slant where the pins are? (Not the key) I check on amazon and they are the same on there? I’m pretty sure this isn’t what’s preventing the ram stick from going in fully? I can push one side of the stick in all the way but they do not go in simultaneously, here is the RAM and MB I have, please get back to me ASAP: 

Gskill F4 2133 °C15S F3-1600 °C11D-8GNT Memory D4 2133 8GB C15 NT 1x 8GB 1.2 V

ASRock motherboard 90-MXB3P0-A0UAYZ, black

this is an image of the curve I’m talking about:

8CB7F9BA-4F1E-49AF-A9DC-0DC34691BDB7.jpeg

The line is not straight that you drew which kind of bugs me...

At any rate if the RAM is bent or tweaked like this then yes you will want to change it 

It could be how the picture was taken cause in my mind it looked bent (maybe next picture get a white piece of paper to sit the item on). 

Yes DDR4 has a slight curve to it. The only use that I found (wiki) for it was requiring lower insertion force. 

56 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

That's pretty strange. I found it on another one of their models as well: https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-2400c15s-8gnt

Maybe it just has something to do with material savings or something. You could probably contact them to find out.

Can you push one side down then get the other to clip in?

Nope one side clips in the the other doesn’t ( because it doesn’t have a clip on the other side ) but it shouldn’t need one. I think I’m going to try find ram that hasn’t got the strange curve that’s the only fix I can thing of, however someone said that’s how all DDR4 ram is 

49 minutes ago, Wwadsworth said:

It could be how the picture was taken cause in my mind it looked bent (maybe next picture get a white piece of paper to sit the item on). 

Yes DDR4 has a slight curve to it. The only use that I found (wiki) for it was requiring lower insertion force. 

I’ve tried inserting at various forces, tried wiggling it in, I’m sure the taller part of the stick is stopping the lower parts from going all the way in? My MB say something DDR4 but is it possible they got it wrong and it’s DDR3?

59 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You say you can't get them to go in fully, are you sure you've lined the notch up correctly? It will only fully seat one way.

Yes I’m sure, I even tried purpoosilu doing it the wrong way just to make sure. 

1 hour ago, Lurick said:

Are you sure that’s how they ALL look? This hyper x stick looks straight? 

28EFBD29-31FD-4BFC-8B5A-66DC8CE12547.png

Just now, Raspilogan said:

Are you sure that’s how they ALL look? This hyper x stick looks straight? 

That's DDR3 RAM in that picture.

DDR4 is all curved like yours and has the notch closer to the center.

DDR3 was straight across and had the notch fairly offset

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

15 minutes ago, Lurick said:

That's DDR3 RAM in that picture.

DDR4 is all curved like yours and has the notch closer to the center.

DDR3 was straight across and had the notch fairly offset

Oh yeh I see that now my bad. So do you have any ideas to why my RAM does not seem to into the slot correctly?

4 hours ago, vaiwalker said:

that's normal. 

Wow. So much help. I understand it’s normal but my ram doesn’t go in all the way. If you have nothing useful to say then don’t.

1 hour ago, Raspilogan said:

Wow. So much help. I understand it’s normal but my ram doesn’t go in all the way. If you have nothing useful to say then don’t.

12 hours ago, Wwadsworth said:

Like he said can you post a better image one with a white background and on a solid surface with good lighting and without flash.

Also is this only for one stick.

Have you tried the different ram slots.?

Have you tried contacting GSkill for an answer?

Or you can ask for a replacement from Gskill.