Best CPU fan cooler ?

Sirmat

i got a dark rock pro 3 and installed it today, had to chop up my pointless ram head spreaders to get it to fit but tbh, it was well worth it. i was running the stock intel cooler for my 4790k which made my cpu run at about 70-80 ish c but with the dark rock pro 3 its running around 45-55 c (under load) :D

CPU: i7 4790k 

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce3 GTX 1080

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance 1600MHz (@1333Mhz) + 8GB Balisticx Sport or something 1333MHz

MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5

PSU: 1000W EVGA 1000G 80+ GOLD

Case: Dark Base 700

Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler + Standard Case Fans

Drives: Intel SSD5 180GB (Boot Drive) + Seagate Baracuda 1TB HDD + Seagate Baracuda 4TB HDD

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow RGB 2013

Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB

Speakers: Creative T15 Bluetooth Speakers

Microphone: Samson Meteor Mic

Monitor: AOC G2590VXQ 75Hz + ASUS VS247 + Shitty Generic 1080p 60Hz TV

LED Controller: NZXT HUE+

1 minute ago, benji_ said:

i got a dark rock pro 3 and installed it today, had to chop up my pointless ram head spreaders to get it to fit but tbh, it was well worth it. i was running the stock intel cooler for my 4790k which made my cpu run at about 70-80 ish c but with the dark rock pro 3 its running around 45-55 c (under load) :D

Isn't the dark rock a bit overkill for a non overclocked build ?

1 minute ago, Sirmat said:

fuck it, cant argue with max 55c on air at 4.2~4.4GHz lol

might overclock it to 4.5~4.6GHz

CPU: i7 4790k 

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce3 GTX 1080

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance 1600MHz (@1333Mhz) + 8GB Balisticx Sport or something 1333MHz

MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5

PSU: 1000W EVGA 1000G 80+ GOLD

Case: Dark Base 700

Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler + Standard Case Fans

Drives: Intel SSD5 180GB (Boot Drive) + Seagate Baracuda 1TB HDD + Seagate Baracuda 4TB HDD

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow RGB 2013

Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB

Speakers: Creative T15 Bluetooth Speakers

Microphone: Samson Meteor Mic

Monitor: AOC G2590VXQ 75Hz + ASUS VS247 + Shitty Generic 1080p 60Hz TV

LED Controller: NZXT HUE+

I got a BeQuiet! Shadow Rock 2, works amazing for the cheap price!

Record holder for Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra for his hardware

Top 100 for TimeSpy and Top 25 for Timespy Extreme

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

12 minutes ago, Sirmat said:

If you want low noise and cool temps then nah.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Noctua u14s or d15s best performance best quality fans 6 year warranty and very quiet and easy to install but apparently some people think they look ugly in that poop color. 

Evo is good enough. You might still want to downvolt or set manual voltages. Those CPUs are rather hot on stock settings.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Evo is good enough. You might still want to downvolt or set manual voltages. Those CPUs are rather hot on stock settings.

Yes the EVO has probably the best price to performance ratio but not the best performing or quiet. That there hot has usually todo with that toothpaste that connects the processor die with the IHS. A shame that a 400+ bucks processor comes with that shit instead of Intel spending 20 cent more for some actual cooling paste. 

35 minutes ago, Klemmbrett said:

Yes the EVO has probably the best price to performance ratio but not the best performing or quiet. That there hot has usually todo with that toothpaste that connects the processor die with the IHS. A shame that a 400+ bucks processor comes with that shit instead of Intel spending 20 cent more for some actual cooling paste. 

That and the fact that Intel has had issues with voltage control since DC. By which I mean CPUs draw a lot more voltage than they actually need.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

That and the fact that Intel has had issues with voltage control since DC. By which I mean CPUs draw a lot more voltage than they actually need.

Didnt have had that problem ever with an intel CPU just toothpaste.