Gtx 1070 ti not posting / working

Hello,

I just built a pc. Now the only problem is that the graphics card (MSI gtx 1070 ti gaming) is not posting (Screen black). My MSI motherboard has that ez debug system. And the red lights on the gpu. 

Without the graphics card the pc works fine. So it's most likely the gpu here that's the problem.

It's lights all light on and fans start spinning. I've tried changing the power cable. I downloaded the latest chipset driver. Still not working  :(

Specs:

Evga 650w g2

I5 8600k

16gb ddr4

H100i v2

1tb hdd

250gb ssd

Windows 10 home 64bit

Any suggestions and help is appreciated :)

And happy christmas

20 minutes ago, Nonsence said:

Hello,

I just built a pc. Now the only problem is that the graphics card (MSI gtx 1070 ti gaming) is not posting (Screen black). My MSI motherboard has that ez debug system. And the red lights on the gpu. 

Without the graphics card the pc works fine. So it's most likely the gpu here that's the problem.

It's lights all light on and fans start spinning. I've tried changing the power cable. I downloaded the latest chipset driver. Still not working  :(

Specs:

Evga 650w g2

I5 8600k

16gb ddr4

H100i v2

1tb hdd

250gb ssd

Windows 10 home 64bit

Any suggestions and help is appreciated :)

And happy christmas

what mobo? Try updating bios for mobo

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

360mm+180mm rad and 10 fans | Swiftech D5 mcp655-B

13 minutes ago, bughtoo said:

what mobo? Try updating bios for mobo

I'll try.  It's MSI z370 Gaming Plus

7 minutes ago, Nonsence said:

I'll try.  It's MSI z370 Gaming Plus

Hve you tried putting it into the other pci-e slot? to check if one port is just not disabled/dead ?

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

38 minutes ago, bughtoo said:

Hve you tried putting it into the other pci-e slot? to check if one port is just not disabled/dead ?

Bios updated. Still showing red. I tried the other slot but the gpu didn't seem to go like it should so i didn't want to force it

2 minutes ago, Nonsence said:

Bios updated. Still showing red. I tried the other slot but the gpu didn't seem to go like it should so i didn't want to force it

sometimes you have to apply some force, dw you wont break it. It doesnt go liek butter everytime

8 minutes ago, bughtoo said:

sometimes you have to apply some force, dw you wont break it. It doesnt go liek butter everytime

My sata cable is on the way :/ and it's on the os

23 minutes ago, bughtoo said:

I took the sata cable off the way. Now the red light's gone white. 

Might sound a little weird, but is your monitor plugged into one of your iGPU's ports or into the 1070Ti's ones?

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

5 minutes ago, Jonas_2909 said:

Might sound a little weird, but is your monitor plugged into one of your iGPU's ports or into the 1070Ti's ones?

The 1070Ti 

5 minutes ago, Nonsence said:

The 1070Ti 

Did you try a different type of port?

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage

#PCMasterrace

5 minutes ago, Jonas_2909 said:

Did you try a different type of port?

Not yet but going to try tomorrow

@Jonas_2909 @bughtoo

I've now tried the other lane as well. Still gives gpu power and works. I installed the drivers for the card. I think the problem is that the hdmi port is dead. Going to try the other ports 

@Jonas_2909 @bughtoo

Problem solved. Me as stupid as i could be, forgot to choose the tv input as hdmi... no wonder it didn't work.

How can i mark this as solved?

4 hours ago, Nonsence said:

@Jonas_2909 @bughtoo

Problem solved. Me as stupid as i could be, forgot to choose the tv input as hdmi... no wonder it didn't work.

How can i mark this as solved?

You can click on the "ticked"-icon under a post of your choice in order to tag this thread as "solved".

My gear:

#PCMasterrace