Think I'm Gonna Get SSD But

MPX309

My boot drive is  750GB WD, and there's less than 60GB remaining

I look through the drive and there's barely anything on it. . .  so what's taken up all those GBs n how do I go about cutting it down?

All my games / media are on a seagate, there are some programs I can remove but I know once I do it's still not going to be enough, any advice please. .  .I'm thinking of getting a 250GB Samsung Evo

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Is your drive fragmented or full of uncleared cache? But a 250GB SSD will not fit your current amount of data.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Unless you have a crucial inflow of more things to put on the hdd soon, get the ssd. It makes a world of difference. 

Also, getting a 250GB ssd will add 250GB of usable space. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

well you can always pull any data off that 750GB you want and then format it

Unless you have a crucial inflow of more things to put on the hdd soon, get the ssd. It makes a world of difference. 

Also, getting a 250GB ssd will add 250GB of usable space. 

Yeah I was hoping to install the OS, traktor, ableton, all adobe programs I use and some other small programs onto the SSD, and completely wipe the WD to use for media (images, PSD files, music) and use all of the seagate for games 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Yeah I was hoping to install the OS, traktor, ableton, all adobe programs I use and some other small programs onto the SSD, and completely wipe the WD to use for media (images, PSD files, music) and use all of the seagate for games 

You should be able to easily fit all your programs on the ssd. I have a 120GB 840 and I had ~30GB left after a bunch of Adobe/Autodesk/etc programs 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

well you can always pull any data off that 750GB you want and then format it

yeah that is an option It would involve buying probably a 1tb external HD though is something I can't really afford atm

Is your drive fragmented or full of uncleared cache? But a 250GB SSD will not fit your current amount of data.

I defragment it alot (once a fortnight)

yeah that is an option It would involve buying probably a 1tb external HD though is something I can't really afford atm

Well you said there was hardly anything on it so just move anything you wanted off onto space onto the Seagate, install SSD + windows, format old boot then move the stuff you took off back on it

actually yeah that space sniffer has helped, I'd forgotten about the games not on the seagate, BF3, Farcry 3, few others. . . there's over 100 GGB right there

:)

I've decided I'm going to do a fresh install :D