cpu gpu price during christmas

Hi guys,

I'm a really new noob who just stepped in to the world of DIY computer, I've done lots of research and bought pretty much everything of my very first gaming rig. Now only things that I need is just CPU and GPU. As Christmas is approaching, could you guys tell me with your own experience if their price will go down a little bit or not?

I'm intending to buy MSI GeForce GTX 1080 gaming X and intel core i7 8700k. Their price are 749 c$ and 489 c$ right now.  The website that I used to buy stuff is amazon, Newegg and Memoryexpress (I'm in Canada so I would prefer ME the most). All I know was on 26th, memoryexpress are going to have a boxing day sale during that time and I have to purchase things in store in order to get what I want, but they won't tell me what will be on sale during that day. 

Although everything else was settled down, please check my other components and see if they match to each other and cooperate well.

ram: 16gb 3200hz from GEIL
hard drive: 2T seagate firecuda  +500g ssd 850 evo
cpu heatsink: noctua nhd-15
case: masterbox 5t
motherboard: msi z370 gaming plus

case fan: noctua nh f12 x2

Monitor: Acer XG270HU 

I'm not gonna think of SLI or crossfire or anything like that coz I think 1080 should fit my need perfectly.

Thanks for anyone who read this long paragraph, and I sincerely appreciate for any comments that you guys will make. 

27 minutes ago, lisong said:

Hi guys,

I'm a really new noob who just stepped in to the world of DIY computer, I've done lots of research and bought pretty much everything of my very first gaming rig. Now only things that I need is just CPU and GPU. As Christmas is approaching, could you guys tell me with your own experience if their price will go down a little bit or not?

I'm intending to buy MSI GeForce GTX 1080 gaming X and intel core i7 8700k. Their price are 749 c$ and 489 c$ right now.  The website that I used to buy stuff is amazon, Newegg and Memoryexpress (I'm in Canada so I would prefer ME the most). All I know was on 26th, memoryexpress are going to have a boxing day sale during that time and I have to purchase things in store in order to get what I want, but they won't tell me what will be on sale during that day. 

Although everything else was settled down, please check my other components and see if they match to each other and cooperate well.

ram: 16gb 3200hz from GEIL
hard drive: 2T seagate firecuda  +500g ssd 850 evo
cpu heatsink: noctua nhd-15
case: masterbox 5t
motherboard: msi z370 gaming plus

case fan: noctua nh f12 x2

Monitor: Acer XG270HU 

I'm not gonna think of SLI or crossfire or anything like that coz I think 1080 should fit my need perfectly.

Thanks for anyone who read this long paragraph, and I sincerely appreciate for any comments that you guys will make. 

Im not too sure about things going on sale for Christmas, it might make sense that some places would offer sales, since people are going to have gift cards, and extra money, but I can't say for sure. I would however recommend waiting, since whats the worst thing that happens? You have to wait 3 more days for them to come in?

17 minutes ago, MegaLukey said:

since whats the worst thing that happens? You have to wait 3 more days for them to come in?

Price going up due to low stock or just outright being sold out would probably be the worst

32 minutes ago, Wolther said:

Price going up due to low stock or just outright being sold out would probably be the worst

seems unlikely to me, however if someone wanted to be really ready for something like that, you can just check back with the site once a day which you would probably already be doing if you are looking for sales