1440p at 24”?

PeterD1001

Would it be worth getting a 24” monitor that is 1440p over a 1080p one?

For gaming, would I notice a lot more clarity or is 24” really too small to tell

I personally can tell the pixels on a 24" 1080p panel, at a very normal viewing distance. I can tell in both games and just basic whatever else. So yea, I think it's worth it.

Scaling can be a pain, because Windows  and some of its program are still not used to it.. But I would say it's worth it :) 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 minutes ago, PeterD1001 said:

For gaming, would I notice a lot more clarity or is 24” really too small to tell

24" is just perfect for them who wants to start PC Gaming (will be beefy of pixels if 24" monitor runs 1440p)

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

20 minutes ago, PeterD1001 said:

I currently have a 25" 1440p monitor (Dell U2515h), it's fantastic, and the pixel density is what I'd consider to be perfect. I wouldn't go down to 24" though, that might start getting a little too small.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Cheers guys. I’ve ordered an Agon AG271QG, 27” 1440p which is being delivered in the morning. 

Ive only been gaming on a laptop up until now. I got my daughters 32” tv from her room tonight to use it to set up and install my pc and it seemed absolutely huge, its

made me wonder if the 27” will be too big also. Wondering if I should have gone with a 24”. 

I guess I’ll see how it feels tomorrow. 

Update, loving the monitor, the picture quality and colours are amazing.

The screen is pretty big for how close I sit to it, about 2 feet away, I'll probably get a vesa mount and wall mount it to move it back about 6 inches.

Playing PUBG on this instead of my 15.6" laptop is like playing a different game!