Motherboad litterally murdering my Storage

Hello everyone,

I got this new motherboard (The asrock AB350m Pro4) about 1,5 months ago. at first I had 2 HDD's (2x barracuda 7200.10 250GB) Running in Raid 0. Then one of them died the disks had been working perfectly in a nas for any years. But OK, it can happen that a drive fails. After a few days the second HDD started showing siumlair simpthons (Bluescreens, taking ages to boot, currupted windows). But then I god my m.2 SSD and installed windows onto that. It worked fine for a couple of days, and then out of oware the second Barracuda 7200.10 failed and I wasn't even using it. It is now just as the other comepletely dead, only showing the capacity. So I only have my ssd now, and about an hour ago my ssd also started showing the same simpthons as the 2 HDD's that died before it. (It has a bluescreen and corrupted windows)

What should I do? I don't want my brand new SSD to break as well.

Specs:

ryzen 1200

Asus GTX 760

Asrock AB350m Pro4

(Now dead) barracuda 7200.10 250GB x2

Sandisk M.2 Sata SSD 256GB (The ssd that is about to break)

Update motherboard bios.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Update motherboard bios.

ok, I will try

thanks

Those 7200.10s were as the name implies from around 2010, which is pretty old especially if they’ve been running for many hours in a NAS. Trusting them for RAID 0 shows some balls. 

Highly doubt your SSD is on its way out or that the board is to blame. Doing a fresh Windows install and making sure all chipset drivers are up to date will work wonders.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

Those 7200.10s were as the name implies from around 2010, which is pretty old especially if they’ve been running for many hours in a NAS. Trusting them for RAID 0 shows some balls. 

Highly doubt your SSD is on its way out or that the board is to blame. Doing a fresh Windows install and making sure all chipset drivers are up to date will work wonders.

ok, thanks for the reply.

The drives are from 2010 but thet never failed. But when I put the in This mobo they both fail in a couple of days. And the second one failed while it was not in RAID. Also the windows install was only like 4 days old and I can't think of any reason it would break, other than a broken/faulty drive.

Thats a weird problem but i cant believe those 2 drives nearly same day and a brand new ssd too....

i would check some more , chipset drivers at least , wonder how your booting process going, it dont fail in there?

might be a RAM problem giving corrupted files or even a unstable PSU

Try first some drivers directly from the motherboard`s website.

Also you can try reset the bios to defaulth and check if battery still fine

35 minutes ago, Highflow said:

Thats a weird problem but i cant believe those 2 drives nearly same day and a brand new ssd too....

i would check some more , chipset drivers at least , wonder how your booting process going, it dont fail in there?

might be a RAM problem giving corrupted files or even a unstable PSU

Try first some drivers directly from the motherboard`s website.

Also you can try reset the bios to defaulth and check if battery still fine

OK, thanks for the tips

18 hours ago, Tummy said:

Hello everyone,

I got this new motherboard (The asrock AB350m Pro4) about 1,5 months ago. at first I had 2 HDD's (2x barracuda 7200.10 250GB) Running in Raid 0. Then one of them died the disks had been working perfectly in a nas for any years. But OK, it can happen that a drive fails. After a few days the second HDD started showing siumlair simpthons (Bluescreens, taking ages to boot, currupted windows). But then I god my m.2 SSD and installed windows onto that. It worked fine for a couple of days, and then out of oware the second Barracuda 7200.10 failed and I wasn't even using it. It is now just as the other comepletely dead, only showing the capacity. So I only have my ssd now, and about an hour ago my ssd also started showing the same simpthons as the 2 HDD's that died before it. (It has a bluescreen and corrupted windows)

What should I do? I don't want my brand new SSD to break as well.

Specs:

ryzen 1200

Asus GTX 760

Asrock AB350m Pro4

(Now dead) barracuda 7200.10 250GB x2

Sandisk M.2 Sata SSD 256GB (The ssd that is about to break)

Solved it!

I think the 2 disks were just old and got damaged on the way home. And my SSD didn't work because my motherboard refuses to load bios or any other thing while I have my monitor plugged in the USB port (I also don't understand this stupid board and why it won't boot with an usb cable). Before I foud out that this stupid board won't boot wit USB devices in it I Cleared Cmos and that will load a profile that I calles "stock". even tough It is an OVERCLOCKING PROFILE it also affects the sata ports and sets my ssd from AHCI to RAID-mode. Thats my it was bluescreening and not booting after I unplugged my monitor.

On 24-12-2017 at 2:32 PM, Tummy said:

Solved it!

I think the 2 disks were just old and got damaged on the way home. And my SSD didn't work because my motherboard refuses to load bios or any other thing while I have my monitor plugged in the USB port (I also don't understand this stupid board and why it won't boot with an usb cable). Before I foud out that this stupid board won't boot wit USB devices in it I Cleared Cmos and that will load a profile that I calles "stock". even tough It is an OVERCLOCKING PROFILE it also affects the sata ports and sets my ssd from AHCI to RAID-mode. Thats my it was bluescreening and not booting after I unplugged my monitor.

Uuuuh if it won't post with USB devices connected, either

A) A USB device is faulty

B) The board is sorta boned and needs an RMA

Also, updated the BIOS yet?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro