Issue with stuttering in games

Bjernhart

Gday lads, or gals!

A few days ago I noticed something strange going on with my computer, more specificly, I noticed something strange whilst playing games.

I have this strange stuttering inside games. I've had no issues like this before, everything has been going rather smooth actually.

But a little while ago, I received a new motherboard, a new chassi alongside a new PSU and a new CPU cooler (since the old one I had was not doing a good job)

After I installed my new motherboard into my new case, I procceded with installing my old CPU and the CPU cooler aswell as installing my GPU.

Everything seems good so far, I checked the BIOS just in case, but everything was fine here, my CPU was detected alongside my RAM and all of my storage devices. I then installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 and installed all drivers neccessary. Before I started to install games to test out some benchmarks I wanted to see that my thermals was OK. My CPU whilst idle have a temp of 28-30 degrees celcius on all of its cores, and my GPU is sitting on a nice 30-35 degrees (my GPU use Twin Frozr technology so the fans only start spinning at around 60 degrees C)

At this point I thought to myself, "well everything seems fine" so i procceeded with installing a couple of games. I started out with Thief (2014) and started the in-game benchmark. It was at this point I noticed the sutters. I let the benchmark finish and everything seemed "fine" in terms of FPS etc. Just to make sure the benchmarking wasn't at fault, I started a New Game, and immediately noticed the stutters. I checked my GPU usage and temps, but everything seemed fine.

I also tried to play some Warface (which is a Free-2-Play FPS, build on the Cryengine) and I got similar results here, stuttering stuttering and stuttering. GPU usage and temps were all fine.

Since I'm not sure what's going on, I decided to ask you guys. What do you think could be the issue here?

Just for your information, I'm playing in 1080p and my GPU and CPU is more than good enough to play in that resolution. This is the first time I've noticed issues like this.