How to do this text transition (Vegas Pro)?

VG Docs

I've been trying to find a way to replicate this text transition (not for everything of course, just want to successfully try it first) but I can't find out how to do it. I've tried linear and gradient wipes, that's not it because it's like a push. I've tried various pushes too though and they always come from the very edges of the screen to the center (as opposed to coming out of an imaginary line in the middle of the screen like what seems to happen in the example given). Anyone know what this transition would be called?

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

10 minutes ago, Trogdor8freebird said:

I've been trying to find a way to replicate this text transition (not for everything of course, just want to successfully try it first) but I can't find out how to do it. I've tried linear and gradient wipes, that's not it because it's like a push. I've tried various pushes too though and they always come from the very edges of the screen to the center (as opposed to coming out of an imaginary line in the middle of the screen like what seems to happen in the example given). Anyone know what this transition would be called?

You mean the text like #5 dropping in?  Which software are you using, because they can be done on After Effects.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

9 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

You mean the text like #5 dropping in?  Which software are you using, because they can be done on After Effects.

That and the Top 5 animations.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

23 hours ago, Trogdor8freebird said:

That and the Top 5 animations.

I’m not familiar with Vegas, but in AE you can do this.  But it will require the use of multiple effects/presets, layering, masks, keyframing/scripting.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins