Nintendo Switch?

I was thinking of buying a Nintendo Switch, but, is there any point? The console is very weak compared to other consoles or other tablets in its price range.

There are only a few good games for it and its out a year, so it seems like there won't be much games for it in the future.

It seems like just a gimmic thats going to end up like the Wii U. Sure, its cool and all, but is it 350€ cool?

I know are some good games (Zelda, DOOM, Splattoon 2 etc.) but will there be more?

With a game being 60€, so 3 games being 160€, and 80 for 2 joy-cons, its really expensive.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Unless you're a nintendo fan then skip it.

I generally have been avoiding nintendo as it is either geared toward kids or people who used to like nintendo. 

I purchased one a few weeks ago, and I like it.

The portable aspect is amazing; playing Rocket League split screen at school is pretty neato. Games are definitely not an issue; there are loads of indie titles to go along with the AAA stuff on the eShop.

The Switch does feel lacking when it comes to actually being a tablet; there's no web browser, Netflix, or YouTube for some reason, although there is Hulu. Nintendo has promised these will be added at some point, but idk.

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

If you're on the fence, wait a year or two. By 2019 Switch is likely to have a pretty killer library with BOTW, Odyssey, Mario Kart 8, Fire Emblem, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, Project Octopath Traveler, and Shin Megami Tensei V plus surely a Smash Bros, New Super Mario Bros, and Pokemon rpg game too. Switch looks like it's going to become a really killer console, though it's not even close yet IMO. It'll be interesting to see the Nintendo Direct presentation on January 18th to see what might be coming for 2018.

• 4 weeks later...

Nintendo is only meant for those who follow Nintendo game series. Like Zelda and Mario and Pokemon. Or else, don't waste money. 

I got it for Christmas but it's an amazing console. Don't worry about "Underpowered", games aren't about graphics (though zelda looks great). While the game library is very limited, the games are amazing. You'll have your hands full with Zelda, odyssey and splatoon 2.

The switch comes with 2 joycons btw.

On 23/12/2017 at 3:26 AM, darragh_5 said:

The console is very weak compared to other consoles or other tablets in its price range.

1. Other consoles aren't portable

2. Other tablets don't have physical buttons and have their power focused on multi-tasking rather than graphics

Forget the other comments about Nintendo fanboys, Nintendo being for kids and "there are no games". People making those comments are missing the point either via ignorance or because they think it's cool to not like Nintendo. The Switch is indisputably the best way to play everything from Super Meat Boy to Rocket League to Doom away from your TV/Monitor. Period. If that sounds cool to you? Get a Switch.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I would agree with the post up there somewhere, if there isn't any games you like, NEEEEEEEEEEED to play right now, give it a year or two.

I bought mine for XenoBlade Chronicles 2, Mario Oddysee and Project Octopath later this year. Completed Rayman Legends that came with it and am about 65 hours into Xenoblade.

For the portability factor it's brilliant, minus the obvious stuff like missing a web browser and simple apps.

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5

• 1 month later...

Use the emulator on PC (named:Cemu) and download ROM´s

PCMASTERRACE:

Intel Core i7 4790K @4,8GHZ | ASUS GTX 1080TI 11GB StriX OC @2 ghz | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | G Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16gb | 750 Watt Corsair Power Supply
Zalmann Z11 + | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 | 6TB + 500 GB HDD | 250GB SSD | 500GB SSD
Samsung SyncMaster S22B300B | Benq RL2455HM | Acer XF270HUAbmiidprzx
Zowie FK2 |Corsair K70 LUX MX RED | Razer Megalodon 7.1 Headset | Auna Mic 900B | XXL Mousepad from TrilluXe

SV:

AMD FX 4100 | MSI 760GMA-P34 | 1TB HDD | Intel PRO 1000 PT | 8GB DDR3 non ECC | 500 watt gold PSU | Xilence AMD 3+ cooler

Its pretty fun, BoTW is great, the mairo rabbids is pretty fun, and Doom on the go is amazingly funny

On 1/18/2018 at 12:44 PM, M.Yurizaki said:

I'm pretty sure the the console comes with the JoyCons unless you were planning on inviting friends over.

Yes the joycons are included with the console as are the shoulder button clips for the indvidual joycons if you want to use each as a seperate controller.

I had one for a while, but ended up selling it

although it's excellent for the first few weeks, after you play the games the Switch has to offer, it's pretty useless. 

the lack of media apps is super limiting, and as a whole, the console doesn't feel fully finished, at least imo

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

i love mine

CPU: AMD FX 4170 @ 4.7ghz Motherboard: Asus M5A97-R2.0 RAM: 11GB DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 780ti 3GB Reference Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout Storage: 1x 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 1x 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 1x 500gb Hitachi 7200RPM  PSU: Antec Earthwatts 650W Display: Dell U2410 (1920x1200 @ 60hz, 24") Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, 3x 140mm Cooler Master fan Keyboard: Lenovo OEM keyboard (membrane) Mouse: Redragon Centrophorus Sound: Sound Blaster xFi sound card & Marley Good Vibrations headphones Operating System: Windows 10 1809

I bought my switch so i could play games with my girlfriend. I really dont care to buy a ps4 or xbox one since i already have a pc.

Okay, the Nintendo Switch,

First, I love mine, BoTW and Odyssey are both worth the purchase price of the system on their own in my opinion. They are incredible first-party games, and are premium in every sense of the word. The hardware itself is surprisingly well built. It's portable and powerful for what it is. Feels good in the hand and unless you drop it repetitively I don't think you'll have an issue with the physical aspects of the console.

In my opinion, the biggest problems the Switch has are it's game save mechanism, and the online experience.

This system has carts, but it saves to the internal memory. Period. Full stop. You CANNOT backup your saves and you CANNOT move them around easily, there is a transfer app from one Switch to another, but that only helps if you get a replacement and STILL HAVE YOUR ORIGINAL. If you system breaks and you get warranty service, a disturbing number of Switches are returned with their save data removed, with no recovery method. At all. So if you get one, protect it.

The online experience is about what I expect from Nintendo. Useless friends list. P2P gaming, which essentially breaks when NAT is strict. It's not a good thing, and I hope that when Nintendo releases it's online experience it will be stellar. My hopes are not high however because it was supposed to launch back in January... which did not happen.

Despite these issues, I think the Switch is well worth it's asking price. In terms of performance, it wipes the floor with phones. If you like Nintendo Games, I would just say to buy it, no questions asked. The physical controls in a mobile device are very good in my opinion, and having spent 350+ hours playing BoTW and Odyssey I learned that you have to find a comfortable way to hold the system, but it is comfortable once you've found a grip you like. I have zero complaints about the amount of fun the Switch has delivered.

Hopefully these thoughts help!

vSphere Cluster - 72 Cores - 512GB Memory - 6TB SSD RAW - 42TB HDD RAW - vSphere 7

resonance - Dell PowerEdge R730xd - 2x Intel E5-2667 v3 - 128GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz - NVIDIA RTX 5000 - 2x250GB Samsung 870 Pro - 2x1100W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

kat - Dell PowerEdge R630 - 2x Intel E5-2690 v3 - 256GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz - NVIDIA TESLA P4 - 500GB PNY SSD - 4x1TB Crucial SSD - 2x750W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

starlifter - Dell PowerEdge R720 - 2x Intel E5-2650 v2 - 96GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz - 2xNVIDIA GTX 970 + 1050Ti - 500GB SSD - 7x6TB HGST HDD - 2x1100W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

ion - Dell PowerEdge R620 - 2x Intel E5-2650 v2 - 32GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz - NVIDIA QUADRO M2000 - 2x250GB Samsung 870 Pro -2x750W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

Main Rig

Intel i7-5820K @ 4.6GHz

MSI X99S Krait SLI Edition

32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 @ 2400MHz

Aorus GTX 1080Ti Waterforce Xtreme

Intel 280GB 900p

512GB Crucial NvMe

512GB Samsung 860 Evo

EVGA Supernova 850 G2

Thermaltake Core P5

It's too early in the console's life to say its bad. Sure, there's a couple things that need to be addressed, like online services, virtual console, and third party support, but considering the system already outsold its predecessor after only a year on the market, it shows that this is what people want, even if they have to wait a while for the bugs to be ironed out.

CPU: AMD FX 4170 @ 4.7ghz Motherboard: Asus M5A97-R2.0 RAM: 11GB DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 780ti 3GB Reference Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout Storage: 1x 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 1x 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 1x 500gb Hitachi 7200RPM  PSU: Antec Earthwatts 650W Display: Dell U2410 (1920x1200 @ 60hz, 24") Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, 3x 140mm Cooler Master fan Keyboard: Lenovo OEM keyboard (membrane) Mouse: Redragon Centrophorus Sound: Sound Blaster xFi sound card & Marley Good Vibrations headphones Operating System: Windows 10 1809

On 12/22/2017 at 12:26 PM, darragh_5 said:

I was thinking of buying a Nintendo Switch, but, is there any point? The console is very weak compared to other consoles or other tablets in its price range.

I really just buy consoles for exclusive titles, because if I am going to buy based on system power, my PC with a 1080 blows them all out of the park. 

IMO (and based on my gaming pref), Zelda and Mario Odyssey alone make the Switch worth purchasing. They are (again IMO) two of the best games in years.

I own a PS4 for Monster Hunter, Gran Turismo Sport and Little Big World. 

A SNES classic to legally play Super Mario World.

A WiiU for Mario Maker.

etc ...

If you have the money to buy a console, buy it based on your gaming pref not power.