Where can I buy DIY Sata male power plugs?

Shira

I have a couple front panel modules in my PC (fan controller, card reader with sata etc) which I wanted to convert from MOLEX shit to Sata but I've been unable to find anywhere online to buy empty caps to change the cables, there seems to be only female ones. Any idea about where you can buy them?

i.e I'd like to convert this to a sata male power lead without using an adapter:

KJuklrV.png

1 minute ago, Shira said:

Came across that shop before but they also only have female ones.

Ah, my bad. My only other thought would be to try ebay and if you do find one pray it dosent take 60 days to ship. 

4 minutes ago, COUPER MILLAR said:

Ah, my bad. My only other thought would be to try ebay and if you do find one pray it dosent take 60 days to ship. 

The closest thing I found was this, but without any covers etc, not very handy

gdlGtIT.jpg

2 minutes ago, Shira said:

The closest thing I found was this, but without any covers etc, not very handy

That's how they are suppose to come, you solder the wires to the connections and in industry injection mold around them to form a solid piece, but most heatshrink the ends if your making completely custom cables. 

There are male crimp style connectors such as these also but not something that is very common. 

https://www.moddiy.com/products/SATA-Power-Crimp%2dOn-Male-Connector-(Black).html

ModDIY may carry them but expect long shipping times - up to a month.

Edit: You may also need additional tools such as a crimper, solderer, or other general tools.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

4 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

ModDIY may carry them but expect long shipping times - up to a month.

That's where I found the "naked" plugs, but then what about the caps? I would like to be able to build something like this

CwPO779.png

1 minute ago, Shira said:

That's where I found the "naked" plugs, but then what about the caps? I would like to be able to build something like this:

I guess I'll agree with the others - eBay may be your only option though you may have to buy "in bulk".

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

3 minutes ago, Shira said:

That's where I found the "naked" plugs, but then what about the caps? I would like to be able to build something like this

You cannot buy caps as they are not actually a cap, as said they are physically placed into a machine for the top plastic to be molded around the soldered connection.