Run Chrome OS on a Razer Blade Stealth

For school, I need a chromebook, but due to their poor display, and lack of local storage(other than the pixelbook), I want to use a more high end laptop that I already own, like my Razer Blade stealth. I just want to know if I can run chrome os and how I would go about that, or If I would have to use Chromium OS

Main Laptop: Google Pixelbook 

Dev mode w/ Cross Enabled

PC: Ryzen 7

1700x / 32GB 2667 / GTX 1080 / 1.5 TB of SSDs / 1TB of HDDs

Monitor: AW3418DW Ultrawide

120hz / 3440x1440 / RGB / Amazonbasics Dual Monitor Arm

2nd Monitor: Dell U2515hx

25 inches / 1440p / Portrait / Amazonbasics Dual Monitor Arm

Why? You'd be wasting it's resources. What do you have to have ChromeOS for?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

I use my Samsung Chromebook Plus as a in-class and mobile note taker. And for the occasional VNC of my desktop. But other than that it's just a web browser and a late nate Netflix machine. So if that is what you are looking for go for it.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Just install Google Chrome and you have all the functionality ChromeOS has (other than Android apps I guess).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You have a few options as I see it, some of which make much more sense than others. 

- Just install the chrome browser ( all the same functionality as chromeOS, running on windows, a more useful & functional OS ).

- Install chromeOS in a VM ( I'm not sure about performance, but that shouldn't be a problem given the hardware of the blade stealth, and low requirements of chromeOS ). You wouldn't have to bother with dual booting, and can run it full screen when it suits you. I think this is the best solution if you need to run chromeOS for some reason. 

-Dual boot, using a 3rd party bootloader (e.g. GRUB), to boot to a chromeOS installation in a separate partition on your boot disk. There is not much reason to do this, the blade stealth's hardware is so vastly overkill for a machine running chromeOS, this option doesn't make much practical sense.

Disclaimer : I might be wrong.

@TrevMCC38 Is this a requirement by your school? If so, I take it that they will end up installing a management profile on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Try out the Samsung Chromebook 3. It's cheap and can run android apps. The screen is okay, though

On 12/21/2017 at 1:48 PM, TrevMCC38 said:

For school, I need a chromebook, but due to their poor display, and lack of local storage(other than the pixelbook), I want to use a more high end laptop that I already own, like my Razer Blade stealth. I just want to know if I can run chrome os and how I would go about that, or If I would have to use Chromium OS

My school just let me use Windows. It's not a requirement.  If they allow you to use your own laptop then use your own laptop. They can't really force you to risk the life of that PC with forcing chrome onto it. 1. It's hard to undo 2. It's hard to do. Like trying to put mac on a Windows based machine. I would just use it like it is until your yelled at