Constant fps drops in all games

Chosenporo

I'm getting fps drops constantly in all of my games, when just a few days ago they ran smoothly for hours

It's not thermal throttling both gpu and cpu are at around 70C-ish

I also have the latest Nvidia drivers

EDIT: I ran a program that tracks performance in-game and randomly my GPU usage drops to 0% sometimes. Any ideas?

Edited by Chosenporo

specs?

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

How long had you had the pc. If it was newly built you could have damage something during installation.

1 minute ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

specs?

7700K, Strix 1080Ti, 16GB 3000mhz RAM, Z270-P Motherboard and Noctua NH-U14s for cpu cooling

3 minutes ago, GrandMushroom5 said:

How long had you had the pc. If it was newly built you could have damage something during installation.

It's fairly new, but the games ran completely smooth the day before yesterday. so I'm pretty sure it isn't an assembly error

1 minute ago, Chosenporo said:

It's fairly new, but the games ran completely smooth the day before yesterday. so I'm pretty sure it isn't an assembly error

You never know, Something in your pc could be loose like your gpu.

Well maybe you got miner virus bassicly uses your cpu ot gpu to mine for someone else try checking gpu and cpu usage in task manager if you got older windows build use msi afterburner

2 minutes ago, DemiGod said:

Well maybe you got miner virus bassicly uses your cpu ot gpu to mine for someone else try checking gpu and cpu usage in task manager if you got older windows build use msi afterburner

Not a miner virus either, I'm currently running a scan for other potential viruses now though

3 minutes ago, GrandMushroom5 said:

You never know, Something in your pc could be loose like your gpu.

I'll double check later if the anti-virus doesn't pick up on anything

Try malwarebytes awesome little program free trial 14 days scan and uninstall does amazing job. Normal antivirus software usually doesn't find miner viruses. (Miner virus is not a proper term) try malwarebytes. And if that doesn't help.  You always can try fresh install of windows to get rid of software side of problems if fresh install doesn't help you will have to troubleshoot part by part with another pc 

2 minutes ago, DemiGod said:

Try malwarebytes awesome little program free trial 14 days scan and uninstall does amazing job. Normal antivirus software usually doesn't find miner viruses. (Miner virus is not a proper term) try malwarebytes. And if that doesn't help.  You always can try fresh install of windows to get rid of software side of problems if fresh install doesn't help you will have to troubleshoot part by part with another pc 

Aight, I'll try it out

18 minutes ago, Chosenporo said:

Aight, I'll try it out

try resetting your system as a last resort, also try a reboot.

run DDU to remove the Nvidia drivers and reinstall the latest ones afterwards. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Try switching from Asus gpu utility to msi afterburner.This one almost completely solved the problem for my RX 480 g1 gaming.