2nd i7 7800x Build

Dr. KEK

Hi, please refer here:

i7 7800x Build

We ordered the parts all over, including redundant consumables such as TIM(Arctic MX4).

So here's to another lightning fast build. Both are running 4.5GHz 24/7 on a H60. Both builds have 32GB(4x8GB) to fully utilize the quad-channel memory controller.

IMG_20171219_232211.jpg

IMG_20171219_232153.jpg

IMG_20171220_073758.jpg

Why?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

This one is for electrical CAD work and some busywork in Solidworks, as well as c++ development.

Why? Because a Dell workstation configured properly is $6-8k. This is exactly what is required and just under $2k for all the parts on amazon. Realview graphics works with a driver tweak on the consumer gaming cards. Rx580 is cheaper than FirePro :)

sooo, why not go for an I7 8700K? is quad chanel memory really that important?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

7 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

7800X also has AVX-512 that might help once software catches up.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

The Manual for that Mobo seems to think you've got the ram in the wrong slots.
Should be in the 1st and 3rd on the left, and 2nd and 4th on the right. Not sure how much that matters though.

5 hours ago, Hugsy Malone said:

The Manual for that Mobo seems to think you've got the ram in the wrong slots.
Should be in the 1st and 3rd on the left, and 2nd and 4th on the right. Not sure how much that matters though.

LOL yes, you are right, it did not POST and i moved the RAM to the outermost slots. Traditionally i am used to inserting inner most pairs before outer.

9 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

In short... Yes

On 12/21/2017 at 10:55 AM, Hugsy Malone said:

All working now?

Yeah, but to be quite honest I don't think the 4.5GHz is sticking. I got it running at full 3.5GHz with the normal 4.0GHz "Turbo", but I was hoping to lock in the 45x cpu multi. Any advices? I can post pictures of BIOS.

The BIOS says 4.5, but Windows says 3.5, and Cinebench is *RIGHT* on the mark with a standard 7800x score.

I'm not a noob to overclocking, I'm an expert with X58, and the intricacies of overclocking that system is arguably more involved than "nowadays" with actual unlocked CPUs. I wish we could still BCLK overclock and drop the uncore just like before...

• 3 weeks later...

hi, checking in. Idles at 3.50GHz, jumps to 4.80GHz under load. Got it figured out. Super happy with both of these 7800x builds.