Is my PCI Express 3.0 Port dead?

evoloan

Hello! I'm having issues with my motherboard. When I have my graphics card in the PCI Express 3.0 Slot the computer won't recognize it. It gives me a black screen and the keyboard and mouse doesn't work. But when I changed the GPU to the PCI Express 2.0 port, the keyboard and mouse lit up. 

So now I'm stuck, what can it be that are causing this problem? And do anyone have an idea on how I can fix it? 

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: ASUS 1060 Dual 3GB

Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahwak

Things I have tested: 
# Reset the bios
# Took out the battery.
# Check all cables
# Removed all ram. 
# Changed ram slots. 

Sidenote: I did put an USB 3.0 card in the PCI 2.0 port before this all started. When I did this the GPU was in the 3.0 slot could this have done anything to the system? 

Edit: PCI_E4 is Working and the PCI_E2 seems to be dead. The card is only running at X4 but I quess that is normal?

Thanks in advance

asdasdasdasdasdaa.PNG

Did the PC work at one time with another GPU? Does the board show any status LEDs or POST codes after powerup?

Does sound like the slot might be dead, though. RMA the board if it works with the other slot.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

12 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Did the PC work at one time with another GPU? Does the board show any status LEDs or POST codes after powerup?

Does sound like the slot might be dead, though. RMA the board if it works with the other slot.

Yes the GPU works directly when inserting it into the other slot. The Motherboard posts A red LED read -VGA on the EZ Debug LED when im having it in the "dead slot" 

1 minute ago, evoloan said:

Yes the GPU works directly when inserting it into the other slot. The Motherboard posts A red LED read -VGA on the EZ Debug LED when im having it in the "dead slot" 

Pretty safe to say that slot is hosed then. Yep. Time for RMA.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro