A great PC year but actually NOT!?

It is a hell of a year in the pc world. Before you realise what that new product is, something else came out right after. Forced releases from intel due to a comeback (1 year) since a long while from AMD. A online currency psyche hype, the newest cpu's out faster than ever with more cores than ever for the consumer world. People are jumping around happily buying all their goodies. Praising the year of the PC world 2017. Now is the time to upgrade they say, but is it? Is it really a great year? I mean it sure is and I was about to upgrade to a total new system. Hooray for me cause its the year everything went nuts. Indeed.....nuts. Where I was happy (still am as nerd) to get ready and wait out this year from 2017 February to summer and build a nice system. But wait what happened so many...choices and price shifts new architecture faster releases...instead...this really sucks (if you wanna build right now) its a year of breakthroughs (consumer wise not technically) and next season the battle shall continue. I know that you could like "wait forever" to build a system. But personally I think it is the right time to wait indeed! What's next? And who waited with me? Ready for summit/pinnacle? Volta? More releases from Intel? How will the new APU from intel/amd come to its right (side thing). Will the current gen drop prices really fast? What do you think? 

I think, intel screwed us long enough for years while I dream about a 8700k build for the heck of it. And I hope AMD can drop back into the market where they belong with a strong ST cycle. Will the new age of apps and games have a way better compromise with the huge threaded cpu's that have been released? As in some games and apps more cores at lower clock speed see a strong result equal to a high single thread performance ask. Will windows 10 ever feel like win 7(lol)? It is a pain in the ass to not build right now, just like the X versions intel released, But I am really enjoying all of this year. Monitors dont price well with the rest of the builds sadly. I wish they shift us up and away from 1080p 1900's stuff.

PS:

Peace out guys i could go on forever.

After about the first half of this year, things started to go downhill. Bitcoin mining became extremely more popular forcing graphics card prices up, and then there was the NAND shortage that drove DRAM and SSD pricing up, then Ryzen forces a 3 month early launch for Coffee Lake. After that I don't see too much problem.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

After about the first half of this year, things started to go downhill. Bitcoin mining became extremely more popular forcing graphics card prices up, and then there was the NAND shortage that drove DRAM and SSD pricing up, then Ryzen forces a 3 month early launch for Coffee Lake. After that I don't see too much problem.

Yeh i totally agree. Cause the pc world got a nice population boost this year so they pump up the prices on certain things, and indeed they over did on the ssd and specially the ram. Ryzen is far from optimal dont forget that is a new architecture. It is not about problems though (like the still not all ram friendly ryzens with boot delays in them, no stocked 8700k's or gpu bought out by miners), in fact it opened a faster production market. The 7700k is allready imo a no factor for me. 8400 8600(k), 8700(k) are monsters. And to let a ryzen r7 aside for a 7700k doesnt make sense to me either. What about intels mini gem pentiums g4xxx. It is a paradise build year but theres more coming. What do you think about vega's release, does t add alot  value to me. Or the 1070ti? Even with the higher prices your good with a 650 pc thanks to AMD's price attack. 

5 minutes ago, Goildzy said:

-snip-

Vega isn't really a viable option, Nvidia made sure of that, which is why they released the 1070Ti so AMD's competition would always have better performance for the same price. Although nothing on the market comes close to the 1080Ti in terms of power, that card is a beast.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

A lot of interesting technology, big performance jumps were made but it's all expensive AF. Can't afford it so it's pointless for me right now...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon