Is it worth to upgrade to CMaster 212 Evo?

imSafeboot

Hello everyone,

I am currently saving up money to upgrade from my jet plane of a cooler for my AMD Phenom X4 9750 and I was wondering if a Cooler Master 212 Evo is loud and can it mount. I really need to upgrade because even if I open Windows Explorer then it just starts ramping up. Let me know because I just found a deal for 50KM (Bosnia and Herzegovina money).

-imSafeboot

The 212 EVO is one of the highest rated and most popular CPU Coolers in the world. If you found a deal for it, then I would say go right ahead

It's quieter than stock. Whether you consider it quiet or not is personal preference. Mounting isn't easiest and I'd recommend having extra pair of hands if possible. But it's very straight forward and for me easier than mounting stock cooler.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

They are much better then stock coolers. I can't say I recall them being quiet though... someone on youtube (or somewhere else) may have done noise testing. It is also likely (but not certain) that you will have to remove your motherboard from the case for installation. 

I'd say you should totally get that one. You'll also be able to use it in your next build if you're ever going to upgrade your "aged" PC so you're not wasting the money. :)

upgrade for reason 

high temperature

I do not know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone