Contactless Payment Technology in a GLOVE??

CPotter

Thanks to Visa for teaming up with us on this video! Check it out to see gloves, a pin and sticker with cool payment-enabled technology available at the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018. You can only buy the wearables in South Korea, but keep them with you even after the last medal has been awarded to pay at any contactless terminal globally without having to deal with cash. #VisaAmbassador

It seems cool, but since i am in warm environment who wouldn't use the glove, only the pin or sticker, it would be tedious to pull you shirt to the contact point and the sticker would most likely lose its stickiness and may get lost.

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

55 minutes ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

It seems cool, but since i am in warm environment who wouldn't use the glove, only the pin or sticker, it would be tedious to pull you shirt to the contact point and the sticker would most likely lose its stickiness and may get lost.

Depending on the glue they use for the sticker it could hold quite well. The sticker is meant to be on a card or back of a phone where it would not be accepted otherwise, think of it as a multi travel pass only as good as long as you're in the region. Future? maybe for travelers but not likely mainstream.

IMO the gloves are a cool idea but the security issues involved...

43 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Depending on the glue they use for the sticker it could hold quite well. The sticker is meant to be on a card or back of a phone where it would not be accepted otherwise, think of it as a multi travel pass only as good as long as you're in the region. Future? maybe for travelers but not likely mainstream.

IMO the gloves are a cool idea but the security issues involved...

Idk why i didnt think of putting the sticker on your phone :D. but with the pin as Linus demonstrated, you have to pull your shirt onto the contact point or you could make your own gives by putting the pin on the back of your own pair of gloves. But the gloves are still pretty cool, but like you said, the security would be an issue.

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D