CableMod brings you 90 degree USB 3.0 extensions!

25 minutes ago, CableMod said:

@TrigrH this is standard thickness on the connector, it may just look bigger because of the sleeving. :) 

Its not the sleeving its the bulk after the connector is rotated, remember that for the most part boards in cases are viewed top down.

issue.png.455dad51ecb553cba3b6f268cdd47bb4.png

19 minutes ago, zombienerd said:

@CableMod could you post a picture from another angle?  I'd like to see the other sides :)

@zombienerd we will have more photos to include later. :)

18 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Its not the sleeving its the bulk after the connector is rotated, remember that for the most part boards in cases are viewed top down.

issue.png.455dad51ecb553cba3b6f268cdd47bb4.png

@TrigrH I see what you're saying now, sorry - this part is where the sleeving will be beneath to allow for a cleaner aesthetic, nice and tidy! :)

13 hours ago, CableMod said:

Hey everyone! Looking for some feedback, what do you all think about these sleeved 90 degree angled USB 3.0 extensions? :)

usb3.0_2.jpg

Would it be possible to get flat cables for those or potentially in the future? 

14 hours ago, CableMod said:

Hey everyone! Looking for some feedback, what do you all think about these sleeved 90 degree angled USB 3.0 extensions? :)

usb3.0_2.jpg

This is a life savor please link Gimme Gimme!

3 hours ago, W-L said:

@W-L we will also be doing these without the 90 degree angle yes (straight connection) :)

17 hours ago, CableMod said:

usb3.0_2.jpg

Those actually look pretty nice. What gauge of wiring are these using(i'm assuming 24 AWG)? Whats the ETA on stores getting them?

-------

q9nCRDIl.jpg

I made USB extension awhile back, Heatshrink is the only thing that bothered me about it. Since I had to use 18mm wide, which all 18mm heatshrink are a bit thicker and added height and some pressure to the headers. It would nice to get one without heatshrink, I assume the terminals/pins are tin and not gold?

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

4 hours ago, W-L said:

Flat cables are talking about the connector or the actual wiring? If your talking about the wiring They do make those kind already, There just a little harder to sleeve and they basically turn into rounded cables once done.

internal-usb.jpg

1 hour ago, CableMod said:

@W-L we will also be doing these without the 90 degree angle yes (straight connection) :)

26 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Flat cables are talking about the connector or the actual wiring? If your talking about the wiring They do make those kind already, There just a little harder to sleeve and they basically turn into rounded cables once done.

Yeah flat ones like those, I was wondering if your planning to do flat sleeved cables like the sleeved sata data. :) 

I agree with some of the other comments, A bit bulky. Personally I'd like to see something more flat, and one cable, not two. Besides that it's certainly a one up from 98% of other cables on the market

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

1 hour ago, CableMod said:

@Revan654 these are 30 AWG but since there are several wires which account for the thickness.

I think the gauge ranges from 22 to 30. I forget it's one few wires that have a bunch of different wire gauges inside one wire.

-------

Any idea when we will see the showing up in stores? Your site does not have them listed yet.

@Revan654 don't have a date for shipments just yet - more so showing what is currently in the works as it will be coming soon. :)