Alternate to Nicehash

So with all the hacking at Nicehash, once it's back online and I reach payout I've decided I'm going to switch miners.
I've tried setting up other miners in the past, but I like that Nicehash mines altcoins, and decides which coins to mine for you, then pays in BTC.

Is there an alternate miner that pays about the same or more than Nicehash? Or am I just stuck using it for the sake of its convince?

I just switched to awesome miner with miningpoolhub... I love the ability to choose what coin to be payed out in. It is a bit more involved to get setup though but i'm seeing on average $2 more a day than NiceHash. 

AMD Ryzen 1700x

ASRock x370 Taichi

Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB GDDR4 3200

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N

Fractal Meshify C

Samsung Evo 960 Nvme M.2 500gb & WD Blue 1TB

Corsair TX850M Gold

Alienware AW2518H 240Hz Gsync

Audioengine A2+ & Sennheiser HD6xx /w Fiio K5 Pro

Deepcool Captain 240Pro V2

Vortex Race 3 Cherry Mx Red

Corsair Vengeance M65 PRO RGB

On 13. 12. 2017 at 6:09 PM, Rubymaster said:

So with all the hacking at Nicehash, once it's back online and I reach payout I've decided I'm going to switch miners.
I've tried setting up other miners in the past, but I like that Nicehash mines altcoins, and decides which coins to mine for you, then pays in BTC.

Is there an alternate miner that pays about the same or more than Nicehash? Or am I just stuck using it for the sake of its convince?

miningrigrentals.com learn a bit about that, should pay about the same or even better if you chose right algorithm

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

360mm+180mm rad and 10 fans | Swiftech D5 mcp655-B

1 hour ago, mikat said:

Hmm I just installed it but it says I have to wait to get into the alpha group? what? why?

wait, what?

No idea what's that about! I switched to WinMiner the day of the hack and there wasn't anything about alpha group and whatnot...

BTW, the software is high maintenance compared to NiceHash, it will randomly stop mining from time to time (close and re-open the application fixes it). I also got a few network errors (same solution ; close and re-open).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

18 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

wait, what?

No idea what's that about! I switched to WinMiner the day of the hack and there wasn't anything about alpha group and whatnot...

BTW, the software is high maintenance compared to NiceHash, it will randomly stop mining from time to time (close and re-open the application fixes it). I also got a few network errors (same solution ; close and re-open).

8ecf8a08652fdc1c2cf2eb8ff3bfc098.png

Hey there!

There's a new alternative that I've been lucky to be a part of called OpenHash. We are going to be releasing a client within the next week. It will be WAYYY better than nicehash. Check out our subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenHash/

We also have a discord which is listed on the subreddit if you would like to get involved in beta testing

My native language is C++

On 14/12/2017 at 1:09 AM, Rubymaster said:

You do realise the balances everyone had in Nicehash have been stolen don't you? If you restart using Nicehash, you start again from zero, and not from where you left off.

~~Kuroneko~~

- Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core

- Corsair H115i Pro 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X399 ROG Zenith Extreme MB

- 2x Nvidia Titan V

- Corsair 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 1TB M.2 SSD

- Western Digital RED Pro 6TB 64M SATA

- Corsair AX1500i Titianium PSU

- Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout

- 3x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

~~Chibineko~~

- Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core

- Corsair H115i 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X470-F ROG Strix  MB

- 2x MSI Vega 64 Wave Liquid Cooled

- G.Skill Sniper X 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 512GB M.2 SSD

- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

- Corsair AX1200i 80+ Platinum

- Fractal Design Define R5

- 5x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

3 hours ago, zzrhardy said:

You do realise the balances everyone had in Nicehash have been stolen don't you? If you restart using Nicehash, you start again from zero, and not from where you left off.

Since Nicehash has yet to comment on if they're paying everyone back on their return, I'm hoping for the best. If all of what I had ready to be paid out in about a week is gone, then I simply won't return.

2 hours ago, Rubymaster said:

Since Nicehash has yet to comment on if they're paying everyone back on their return, I'm hoping for the best. If all of what I had ready to be paid out in about a week is gone, then I simply won't return.

you really think they have a way of paying 60 mil $ in btc to their users? No way, unless they somehow retrieve the stolen funds there is no way anyone is getting their money back. The only thing they MIGHT do is make it seem like you have higher hashrate and ease up on the fees so people will be more likely to mine there again because it will seem better than on pools etc. But after a period of time they will just tell us that they were not able to retrieve the funds and are very sorry but to continue functioning like before they wont be able to reinburse people.

Thats my opinion, if they prove me wrong i will be among the first to come back.

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

6 hours ago, Rubymaster said:

On their site right now:

"Your bitcoins were stolen and we are working with international law enforcement agencies to identify the attackers and recover the stolen funds."

Black and white. They were stolen and the return of them is a law enforcement issue.

~~Kuroneko~~

- Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core

- Corsair H115i Pro 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X399 ROG Zenith Extreme MB

- 2x Nvidia Titan V

- Corsair 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 1TB M.2 SSD

- Western Digital RED Pro 6TB 64M SATA

- Corsair AX1500i Titianium PSU

- Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout

- 3x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

~~Chibineko~~

- Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core

- Corsair H115i 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X470-F ROG Strix  MB

- 2x MSI Vega 64 Wave Liquid Cooled

- G.Skill Sniper X 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 512GB M.2 SSD

- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

- Corsair AX1200i 80+ Platinum

- Fractal Design Define R5

- 5x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

14 hours ago, bughtoo said:

you really think they have a way of paying 60 mil $ in btc to their users? No way, unless they somehow retrieve the stolen funds there is no way anyone is getting their money back. The only thing they MIGHT do is make it seem like you have higher hashrate and ease up on the fees so people will be more likely to mine there again because it will seem better than on pools etc. But after a period of time they will just tell us that they were not able to retrieve the funds and are very sorry but to continue functioning like before they wont be able to reinburse people.

Thats my opinion, if they prove me wrong i will be among the first to come back.

Exactly what I'm saying. We don't know exactly what they're doing. The only thing we can do is wait until they release more official statements.

9 hours ago, zzrhardy said:

On their site right now:

"Your bitcoins were stolen and we are working with international law enforcement agencies to identify the attackers and recover the stolen funds."

Black and white. They were stolen and the return of them is a law enforcement issue.

All that says is that they are stolen and they're working on it to get it back, meaning it's still in the air. Which means my statement about waiting still stands as we don't have all the available information. All I'm hoping for is to get back what little I had (nearly the .001 needed for payout) and mine until I can cash it out. Until they're done investigating and "improving security" we still don't know all the details. Please don't copy and paste from statements assuming I'm uninformed and have not read them yet then telling me that it's "black and white". Frankly, this issue is not just black and white. Nicehash have been terrible at keeping the public informed. They keep saying their services will be returning "soon" but it's been nearly a week since that. When they release statements it's just to calm the waters. Until they give us more information all we can do is assume. Which is why I was looking for a new miner in the down time.

I've got my GPU's (now that I received the one I won from Nvidia) mining Ethereum directly with Claymore via Nanopool and my old gaming laptop is running Awesome Miner for it's GPU, I'm thinking I may switch the desktop over to Awesome Miner once I get enough to earn a payout on Nanopool as AwesomeMiner (per my own calculations) appears to be doing better then mining Ethereum directly, but I will have to do further testing and Ethereum is skyrocketing right now so that may shift the balance for which miner I use.

I do plan to resume CPU mining on both machines once Nicehash comes back up because I'm having trouble setting up a decent CPU miner that even comes close to the rates I was earning on CPU with Nicehash, I was doing like a dollar a day on CPU on my desktop with Nicehash but can't get above 40 cents with Awesome Miner and I'm to much of a newb to get things dialed in right so i;ll just use Nicehash CPU once it's back up.

any CPU money is just gravy to cover electrical costs at this point since I'm now earning 10 dollars a day before electric cost with my 75-76 MH/s dual 1080ti setup drawing 352 from the wall at 60% power target and +800 on the memory

3 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

any CPU money is just gravy to cover electrical costs at this point since I'm now earning 10 dollars a day before electric cost with my 75-76 MH/s dual 1080ti setup drawing 352 from the wall at 60% power target and +800 on the memory

Nice it will only take you about four months to pay for those cards. Not a bad ROI at all.

4 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

I've got my GPU's (now that I received the one I won from Nvidia) mining Ethereum directly with Claymore via Nanopool and my old gaming laptop is running Awesome Miner for it's GPU, I'm thinking I may switch the desktop over to Awesome Miner once I get enough to earn a payout on Nanopool as AwesomeMiner (per my own calculations) appears to be doing better then mining Ethereum directly, but I will have to do further testing and Ethereum is skyrocketing right now so that may shift the balance for which miner I use.

I do plan to resume CPU mining on both machines once Nicehash comes back up because I'm having trouble setting up a decent CPU miner that even comes close to the rates I was earning on CPU with Nicehash, I was doing like a dollar a day on CPU on my desktop with Nicehash but can't get above 40 cents with Awesome Miner and I'm to much of a newb to get things dialed in right so i;ll just use Nicehash CPU once it's back up.

You should change coin, you can earn much more with those :) I got 4x 1070 and they make around 24-25$ per day at 500w.

On 12/13/2017 at 11:25 AM, wkdpaul said:

Lots have turned to WinMiner.

winminer's software unfortunately is very buggy and also i think they take more from you than nicehash did.

it's a lot harder to setup but one of those multiminer programs + a good pool(or more than one) with lots of algo's seems to be the best thing you can do right now...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

13 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

winminer's software unfortunately is very buggy and also i think they take more from you than nicehash did.

I know, I did mention it in my second reply ;)

6 hours ago, lieder1987 said:

Nice it will only take you about four months to pay for those cards. Not a bad ROI at all.

Actually WAY LESS, I bought the first one off of Jet.com combined with a 15% cashback offer (max $100 savings) from an app called Ibotta my sister showed me (it was a limited time special, normally Ibotta is only 1.5% for Jet, then I stacked that with a Jet.com 15% (which maxed at $20) then the 1.5% cashback I get with my credit card and after all that is accounted for I paid $583 for the first one and the second one I actually WON in a giveaway Nvidia was running last month so it cost me nothing and just got here last night.

5 hours ago, bughtoo said:

You should change coin, you can earn much more with those :) I got 4x 1070 and they make around 24-25$ per day at 500w.

like I said I plan to switch to Awesome Miner but I first need to earn enough to get Nanopool to payout also a properly configured 1070 isn't horribly behind a 1080ti, whats your hashrate for the 4 1070's on Ethereum?

3 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

Actually WAY LESS, I bought the first one off of Jet.com combined with a 15% cashback offer (max $100 savings) from an app called Ibotta my sister showed me (it was a limited time special, normally Ibotta is only 1.5% for Jet, then I stacked that with a Jet.com 15% (which maxed at $20) then the 1.5% cashback I get with my credit card and after all that is accounted for I paid $583 for the first one and the second one I actually WON in a giveaway Nvidia was running last month so it cost me nothing and just got here last night.

like I said I plan to switch to Awesome Miner but I first need to earn enough to get Nanopool to payout also a properly configured 1070 isn't horribly behind a 1080ti, whats your hashrate for the 4 1070's on Ethereum?

Well thats the case i am not mining ethereum :) but on neoscrypt i get 1200 kh/s per card. BTW directly mining to a pool is even more profitable than softwares :) 

So .... Nicehash is coming back???

https://www.nicehash.com/

NiceHash is coming back tomorrow!

Dear miners:

Final checks are in progress and NiceHash.com platform will be back online and operational tomorrow, December 20, 2017 until 24.00 CET.

Capture.PNG.3c7dad6ff482e199a554e5a8cf78eeb8.PNG

19 minutes ago, bughtoo said:

Well thats the case i am not mining ethereum :) but on neoscrypt i get 1200 kh/s per card. BTW directly mining to a pool is even more profitable than softwares :) 

I'm lazy, this is easier and I can much more easily cashout on Ethereum or Bitcoin since I use Coinbase, I did a quick 5 minute test with Awesome Miner and it's claiming about 14-15 dollars a day, but switched it back to Claymore mining Ethereum so I can get that paid out already (should hit the minimum tonight sometime) then I'll switch and see how accurate that 14-15 number is.

11 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

So .... Nicehash is coming back???

https://www.nicehash.com/

COOL, can't wait to have that extra dollar a day my CPU earns.