Which Mic Is Best Mic?

iamdarkbowser

I need a mic for use in chat calls but I require four things from it.

First: It doesn't sound like crap.

Second: I need it to sound *normal* if the mic is above or below, and to the left or right of the audio source.

Third: it needs to have a floor mounted stand so I can move it into the aforementioned places.

Fourth: It needs to cost $60 USD or less

Does anything fit these requirements?

Snow ball ICE?

You will need to get your own floor stand, no mics come with that sort of thing.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

usb, stereo, xlr?

Main rig                             I also got some cheep lg phone and a chromebook, witch I have been known to mine bitcoin on sometimes

CPU: R5 2400g                        

RAM: 8gb ram

MOBO: msi b350 pc mate 

CASE: Eclipse p300

PSU: 500w corsair

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Snow ball ICE?

You will need to get your own floor stand, no mics come with that sort of thing.

Is it omnidirectional?

6 minutes ago, iamdarkbowser said:

Is it omnidirectional?

It's a cardioid condenser.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It's a cardioid condenser.

To the google. Sounds (pun intended) good to me. Finding a stand should be easy enough of a task, and if their attachment methods don't agree, I always have duct tape.

On 12/13/2017 at 12:42 AM, iamdarkbowser said:

To the google. Sounds (pun intended) good to me. Finding a stand should be easy enough of a task, and if their attachment methods don't agree, I always have duct tape.

The cardioid pattern of the snow ball will makes it really only pick up sound from one direction.  They are not omi-directional.

That being said as long as the front of the mic is pointed at you it will pick up sound.  Condenser mics are really meant to be used right in front of your face.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

2 minutes ago, qakawra said:

What is your price range?

$60 USD or less. Even though I already ordered the mic Enderman mentioned, I would still welcome other ideas.