Virtual surround for bookshelf speakers

k.m.p

Hello, I've got a pair of wharfedale diamond 220's with an SMSL Q5 pro amp. I've seen and heard 2.0 or 2.1 soundbars with virtual surround and was wondering if it was possible to configure something like that on my pc. Most, as far as I know need you to take your phone around the room, and fire tones, to map out the space and then feed a signal into the speakers that bounces sound off walls to create a 5.1 effect. Are there any software's or ways to recreate this effect with my speakers? I'm thinking along the lines of an phone app that uses its mic that fires tones out of the speakers and/or the phone itself.

Just now, Majestic said:

You mean like atmos? Man i'm not so sure about that. 

Atmos requires upfiring speakers, I doubt that would work. There is dolby virtual surround, dts virtual x, it may be possible to have a software that recreates that effect.

No.

Thoes soundbars have dedicated speakers pointing all over to get the reflections right.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."