Xbox or PlayStation and why?

3 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

External HDDs are USB drives....

This "external storage device" is setup in your PS4, it formats the external HDD and you can use that for Games.

However, modern external drives aren't formatted in the FAT32 format (and you must not do that!) so you don't usually use them for the PS4, because it doesn't support NTFS...

not all my drives are FAT32. thus when I attach a USB it throws an incompatibility error 

I've got a Xbox One S as it was a great price for a 4k Blu Ray player at the time. Plus I can now play Madden.

On 12.12.2017 at 1:24 AM, lieder1987 said:

Xbox for sure, the controller is way better. #personalopinion

Well, no, not really...

And I have both, XBox one and PS4 (PRO) controller.

And also an older 360 somewhere here...

Biggest difference is the position of the left analogue. Besides that, they are both about equal.

And also there's that:

https://www.razerzone.com/de-de/gaming-controllers/razer-raiju

https://nacongaming.com/revolution-pro-controller/

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

59 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Well, no, not really...

Biggest difference is the position of the left analogue. Besides that, they are both about equal.

Pretty much that and the trigger placement, but these two matter most for ergonomics.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

nintendo FTW lols

but xbox they have the microsoft games and I really don't care for uncharted or horizon Zero dawn.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

Well, no, not really...

like I said it was personal opinion. I know a good deal of people that would say I was wrong, but out of those options that is what I would pick and why.

55 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Pretty much that and the trigger placement, but these two matter most for ergonomics.

That doesn't change much and make one that much better.

An the trigger of the XBone controller isn't that much better, because it is so small. The large PS4 trigger is a bit better for extensive>

In the end, all three are rather good and not much you can do to improve them.

36 minutes ago, lieder1987 said:

like I said it was personal opinion. I know a good deal of people that would say I was wrong, but out of those options that is what I would pick and why.

How long have you used a PS4 controller in the last couple of Weeks/Months?
I've used mine a fair amount - as I did with the XBox one controller (for Windows). 

Though I still think the Gamecube controller is better than all three of those (and there are adaptors for Windows also)...

In the end, both controllers are very good and have their pros and cons.

Like the touchpad of the PS4 controller.

ANd does the XBone have a Share button for screenshots??

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

Though I still think the Gamecube controller is better than all three of those (and there are adaptors for Windows also)...

I don't think the GCN controller is all that great for anything other than the GCN. The great thing about every other controller is that it uses the same face button placement, making mapping controls easy. But on the GCN, plenty of games just don't work unless you modify the mapping to taste. For example, in Donkey Kong Country, you use Y to roll, B to jump, and A to switch. Since you do a lot of trick play with rolling and jumping, I'd imagine the button layout on the GCN isn't going to earn you any favors if you mapped the face buttons one for one. Another one I can think of is Super Mario World, where Y is dash and B is jump. I can't even begin to imagine how you'd effectively use both without having either a large thumb at an odd angle or using your index/thumb fingers. And you can't just map B to A and A to B, because A in SMW is used for another jump that often times you'd like to use in a pinch.

I also have issues with the trigger buttons. They have too long of a throw for how stiff they are. So if you need to click them for some reason, your index fingers are going to hate you (which I experienced when I played F-Zero).

Oh, and there's the fact it's missing a shoulder button.

EDIT: I'm not saying it's a bad controller though. I liked it. But it's not good for anything that wasn't designed with it in mind.

In the end, both controllers are very good and have their pros and cons.

Like the touchpad of the PS4 controller.

Which at the moment is more of a gimmick than anything.

ANd does the XBone have a Share button for screenshots??

I believe the Guide Button handles that functionality. At least it sort of does on Windows.

Edited by M.Yurizaki

I like the MS controls over Sony's too. I suppose because they a little larger and more comfortable. The big issue with MS though is that the d-pad is garbage. Nintendo's Pro controllers on Wii U and Switch are a nice compromise, so that Switch pro controller may be my fav current gen console controller. I use that on my PC on the occasions I play retro games for that d-pad.

I don't think I really found much use with the PS4 touchpad. I can't really think of anything that used it beyond just being an oversized start button.

On 13/12/2017 at 8:07 PM, ono said:

I don't think I really found much use with the PS4 touchpad. I can't really think of anything that used it beyond just being an oversized start button.

Typing stuff when you don't have a keyboard connected.

But no, it's not always used as a start button. Its used as both other Buttons (in the olden days it would have been Start + Select), depending on if you press the pad on the right or the left side...

6 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Typing stuff when you don't have a keyboard connected.

But no, it's not always used as a start button. Its used as both other Buttons (in the olden days it would have been Start + Select), depending on if you press the pad on the right or the left side...

I didn't realize you could use it for keyboarding. On PS4 I think the only game I can think of is Trine 2, I think it was called, where I had to draw shapes on the touchpad. Only played the demo of that briefly. It has a little more use with Vita games via PSTV since that serves as the touchscreen. 

I used "start" to refer to all those kinds of buttons off to the side, not really used it gameplay kind of start, select, option, mode, back, view, menu, etc. kind of buttons. I have no if there is an actual term for those!

Console base Pick whatever one your friends are on that really what pushed me towards Xbox, I'm partially negative towards PS due to it Menu HUD and not really being simple navigation as they had in the PS2 etc. But that could be because I got use to the Xbox's simple navigation system (simple in terms of how I find it not overall use before I get chewed for saying that).

Controllers all come down to personal Preference. In my opinion Xbox One controller is better suited for me as I haven't had issues hitting any of the triggers or buttons. I'm use to the Thumbstick layout on both controllers PS4 and Xbox One but what sways me towards the Xbox controller has to be the triggers. I HATE the fact the PS controller triggers push way to far in as to nearly being flush with the back of the battery pack. 

Other than that hardware I'm not gonna argue about as well CBA and again comes down to personal use a preference. I myself have the Xbox One classic So it is really sluggish at times on menus but performs in games fine when not playing large open maps like Warframes new update or Fortnite (Only happens when I haven't played in a good few weeks)

So in Short their is no Console wars as it comes down to where your friends are at and what you find more appealing to you. It all comes down to personal opinion which is why the Nintendo Switch would Win :D 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...