Looking for a cheap phone

SeriouslyMikey

I have a somewhat flexible budget for a new phone as my Samsung Note 2 finally kicked the bucket, a rough budget of £200-£250, £300 at a stretch. I'm not interested in mobile gamine or really anything too taxing. The main things I do on my phones would be the basics, calling and texting, but also emails and video consumption. I don't really care for finger print scanners or face recognition either, I see it as an invasion of privacy, and I try my best in order to preserve that as much as I possibly can. 

So far I have been eyeing up the LG Q6 after Hardware Canucks' video, although looking through the comments, I can see that some people aren't too happy. Not being a huge phone guy, I was hoping for some other recommendations. The Q6 seems like a good deal, but again, I'm not a phone guy and I wouldn't know what to look for if there's something better out there. 

Cheers for any info or recommendations, my dudes. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

9 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

I have a somewhat flexible budget for a new phone as my Samsung Note 2 finally kicked the bucket, a rough budget of £200-£250, £300 at a stretch. I'm not interested in mobile gamine or really anything too taxing. The main things I do on my phones would be the basics, calling and texting, but also emails and video consumption. I don't really care for finger print scanners or face recognition either, I see it as an invasion of privacy, and I try my best in order to preserve that as much as I possibly can. 

So far I have been eyeing up the LG Q6 after Hardware Canucks' video, although looking through the comments, I can see that some people aren't too happy. Not being a huge phone guy, I was hoping for some other recommendations. The Q6 seems like a good deal, but again, I'm not a phone guy and I wouldn't know what to look for if there's something better out there. 

Cheers for any info or recommendations, my dudes. 

Kogan makes pretty good budget phones, I got my agora 4g pro in December 2015 for $250AUD and it is still going strong.

The LG 328BG is well within you price range. I have one and it works fine after countless drops and throws and crushes. Surprisingly good.

Thanks for the recommendations, much appreciated. I've looked over them all, along with some others I've stumbled across. 

The Huawei P10 Lite has quickly jumped to the top of my list, however. It's got a finger print scanner, which is something I'd rather stay away from, but from the reviews, it seems to be rather good for the price I've found it at. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

If you think fingerprint scanners are an invasion of privacy, then just dont register your index and thumb prints. There are far bigger cases of invasion of privacy beyond unlocking the device. The Q6 has an underwhelming SD400 series chipset for its price. Surely you have a smartphone right now and know of things you want improved or removed. Think about what you want instead of relying on marketers to tell you whats good.

If you want absolute max privacy, you'd be looking at custom PA rom with MicroG, Adaway, an app firewall, VPN and DNScrypt. 

I do believe I made myself very clear as to what I'd like in a phone, I even gave my budget in order to aid recommendations. As I even stated in my initial post that I'm not a phone guy, I don't really know what I'd be looking for in a phone and it's specs, which is the reason I came here. I understand that there's more to privacy than finger print scanners and face recognition, but every little counts when you're trying to preserve privacy without going into anything custom. 

Other than explaining to me that the Q6 seems to be overpriced for what it is, thank you, your comment is useless and is something I already knew.