Sudden fps drops with CPU and GPU usage dropping simultaneously

Hello guys

I'm experiencing the last 2 weeks or so , sudden fps drops in some games , the game runs fine for some seconds and then the fps drops begin. My screen is freezing for a small amount of time , the game goes on to run perfectly as it was , and after some seconds it does it again. It seems random as it isnt happening all the time but when it happens there will be at least 3 drops. Also it seems that the fps drops after a while of gaming are less frequent.
My specs are:
CPU: Intel Core i5 6500

Ram: 8gb hyper x

GPU: Afox GTX 750Ti

PSU:XFX XT500 500watts

this happens only in games , in windows ( 8.1 pro ) everything is fine. I provided an image from the MSI Afterburner Monitoring Tool , you can see there the drop that happened where my gpu usage and power as well as my cpu usage drop. 

This problem is more noticable in Black Desert Online , where the drops occur when im moving my character relatively fast or sometimes whenI interact with stuff( so new stuff loads as it is an open world game ). I have installed the latest Nvidia Drivers.
GPU reaches 64-65 Celcius and the CPU ( according to HWMonitor ) never exceeds 50C ( which is strange considering i have the stock cooler ).
If you have any ideas please tell me.
Thanks in advance.

image.png

The software might not report the right temps and you might be throttling. Get something like The Intel XTU and see what's different between the two reports...

Could also be power limits.

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

Just now, PerfectPlasma said:

The software might not report the right temps and you might be throttling. Get something like The Intel XTU and see what's different between the two reports...

yeah Ill try that, the thing is that the pc fans and cooler dont sound loud , so why would it throttle.. :/ 

Just now, ExtenZe said:

yeah Ill try that, the thing is that the pc fans and cooler dont sound loud , so why would it throttle.. :/ 

Sometimes they have to be louder for higher RPM to cool better. Don't be scared to make the sacrifice.

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

1 minute ago, PerfectPlasma said:

Sometimes they have to be louder for higher RPM to cool better. Don't be scared to make the sacrifice.

About the power limits , the gpu draws power from the pci express slot , it doesnt need an external source , in general 500watts are really good for this system, you could even say 500watts are overkill, if it is the psu failing should i see this problem with normal.usage too? Never had this problem before (ive build this computer 1 year ago)

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here, the GPU usage and the CPU frequency also drops down, the temperature is normal under 40 Celsius, Really confusing problem while playing.... I've already tried, the system, drivers, reinstalling, I've changed also some settings in Nvidia experience, and in the device management. 

Ps.: The FPS is still the same in the recommended setting, and lower than the recommended setting .... 

My config: Lenovo Y520, Nvidia GTX 1050 2gb ddr5, 4 gb ddr4 ram (2400mhz), I5-7300HQ

msi afterburner.jpg

5 hours ago, PentaPony said:

Same problem here, the GPU usage and the CPU frequency also drops down, the temperature is normal under 40 Celsius, Really confusing problem while playing.... I've already tried, the system, drivers, reinstalling, I've changed also some settings in Nvidia experience, and in the device management. 

Ps.: The FPS is still the same in the recommended setting, and lower than the recommended setting .... 

My config: Lenovo Y520, Nvidia GTX 1050 2gb ddr5, 4 gb ddr4 ram (2400mhz), I5-7300HQ

msi afterburner.jpg

Hello , so i think ive solved my problem but i cant guarantee you that this will work for your case too. I moved some games from my hard drive to my SSD and the problem was gone , this hard drive i have is at least 4 years old and is at 5400rpm. Although it doesnt show any problems except the fps drops, im pretty sure its the hard drive which is the problem. Also i defragged it (which was at 10% fragmentation and took to complete one and a half days ) and the only fragmented files were the game files for some reason. Gonna try to test the games again before  buying a new one.

2 minutes ago, ExtenZe said:

Also i defragged it (which was at 10% fragmentation and took to complete one and a half days )

My god.