4-pin CPU cord for Mobo?

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
Just now, Johnmakuta said:

Ok, it might be a tight fit but that'll work. I've had that with weird GPUs that have a 6+8 pin before.

Just fold up the extra +4 pin section so it gets out of the way, just note that PCI-E and EPS cables are not interchangeable to make that clear. 

I'm working on a mini-itx build with Ryzen and I am confused about what kind of CPU power cable I need for this board:

https://www.amazon.com/BIOSTAR-X370-Motherboard-Model-X370GTN/dp/B071YW7LBG/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1512925228&sr=1-13&keywords=am4+mini+itx

I've never had a board that didn't use at least a 4-pin CPU connector before. If I've using a modular power supply do I need anything special to make this work? Any suggestions? I can link the pcpartpicker list if need be. 

That board has a 4 pin in the top left corner.  PSUs will have a connector for it.  Some have 6 or 8 pins that can be snapped apart into a 4 pin only.  

5 minutes ago, Johnmakuta said:

I'm working on a mini-itx build with Ryzen and I am confused about what kind of CPU power cable I need for this board:

https://www.amazon.com/BIOSTAR-X370-Motherboard-Model-X370GTN/dp/B071YW7LBG/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1512925228&sr=1-13&keywords=am4+mini+itx

I've never had a board that didn't use at least a 4-pin CPU connector before. If I've using a modular power supply do I need anything special to make this work? Any suggestions? I can link the pcpartpicker list if need be. 

You basically just need to plug in the 4 pin portion of the 8 pin (4+4pin) EPS connector, the other +4pin is left unplugged. 

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

You basically just need to plug in the 4 pin portion of the 8 pin (4+4pin) EPS connector, the other +4pin is left unplugged. 

Ok, it might be a tight fit but that'll work. I've had that with weird GPUs that have a 6+8 pin before.

Just now, Johnmakuta said:

Just fold up the extra +4 pin section so it gets out of the way, just note that PCI-E and EPS cables are not interchangeable to make that clear. 

I wouldnt touch that board with a 10 foot pole

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM