Which graphics card to buy as of rn

Should i get 2 titan xps 

or

1 titan V (ik its not marketed for gaming as long as it supports g-sync idc)

or 2 1080tis

should i just wait for more information on the titan V?

1 minute ago, BlueTactic said:

Should i get 2 titan xps 

or

or 2 1080tis

Well better question to ask would be, what resolution are you using, refresh rate and what kinda stuff are you doing?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Chances are if the Titan V isn't marketed for gaming it's not gonna support G-Sync.

The Titan Xp is more of a Quadro than a gaming card(it actually shows up under the Quadro section on Nvidia's website).

The 1080Ti is the current best card on the market for gaming, I'm not sure why you'd need 2 of them though

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Theoretically 2 titan Xps are the best for gaming. As of right now we know nothing about the performace of the titan V for gaming honestly if you wanted that much graphics power and this isnt a joke post I would say wait for volta and get 2 of the xx80 card thats what I want to do.

System Specs

CPU: I7-5820k   MOBO:Asus X99 strix   RAM: 32gb corsair Dominator Platinum 2666mhz   GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980TI  PSU: Corsair RM1000i 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mg7k2R

actually the titans are best at compute. There are some differences between the pascal titans and their geforce counterparts, some unlocks too thanks to AMD.

Also there are some games which AMD vega actually does better, namely games that do a lot of geometry and shader math.

For gaming i would not recommend a titan, They're good if you're a coder though or if your a graphics designer and your IDE can use the titan V's extra hardware.

57 minutes ago, BlueTactic said:

Should i get 2 titan xps 

or

or 2 1080tis

i wouldnt get 2 of anything now that they officially stopped supporting SLI (not that it's ever been good)

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

1 hour ago, wcreek said:

Well better question to ask would be, what resolution are you using, refresh rate and what kinda stuff are you doing?

1 hour ago, wcreek said:

2 minutes ago, BlueTactic said:
1 hour ago, wcreek said:

OP,

You make a thread with little to no information on what your going to with this machine, parts lists, what games etc.  nobody is going to be able to help that much if your being so vague...  Also the fact that your even considering that new Titan card for gaming right now is a little fishy there is probably less than 1% of computer enthusiasts that will even need a card like that.

If you truly have the kind of budget your imposing you have by considering these options personally I would just go with a GTX 1080TI for a card "RN" as you put it.  You do NOT need sli it is pointless and a waste of money the amount of titles that benefit from this are minimal..

Be clear and concise when making a thread the way you laid all this out makes me think your quite young...

Hopefully you enjoy whatever it is that your building.

Cheers. 

4 hours ago, Tz000 said:

OP,

You make a thread with little to no information on what your going to with this machine, parts lists, what games etc.  nobody is going to be able to help that much if your being so vague...  Also the fact that your even considering that new Titan card for gaming right now is a little fishy there is probably less than 1% of computer enthusiasts that will even need a card like that.

If you truly have the kind of budget your imposing you have by considering these options personally I would just go with a GTX 1080TI for a card "RN" as you put it.  You do NOT need sli it is pointless and a waste of money the amount of titles that benefit from this are minimal..

Be clear and concise when making a thread the way you laid all this out makes me think your quite young...

Cheers. 

Thank you for taking the time to do that.Sorry for it being vague I just wanted to try out the forum on a whim. Check out this little corner or the you know? The only real reason for me to get the Titan V over the munch cheaper 1080ti is future proofing (i.e not having to touch this thing besides maintenance for a very long time and still being able to play everything at high FPS) Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my badly worded post.

Just incase u wanted to see my build plans as of right now.(still extremely not final)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/r77VsJ

If this is a general question, the answer is a single 1080ti (for graphics specific applications like gaming or video editing)

If this is a question for a personal computer, we need more information on your setup. CPU, PSU wattage, ram, case and motherboard. What do you want to do with the graphics card? What should it be able to handle? What resolution are you aiming for? If gaming, what titles do you plan to play?

This is a very subjective topic because while the GTX 1080ti is the most powerful graphics card available (I don't personally consider Titans for gaming) the system you'll be putting it in, games you're playing and resolution matter so much more than people realize. Honestly most titles can be played perfectly fine at 1080p/near - above 60fps with GTX 1060/1070/RX580 and that SHOULD be enough for most people. But for some reason 4k/1440p is a big deal because OMGDEMPIXELZTHO.

As for SLI, don't bother. It's not worth the investment unless you're going to be rendering 3d models or editing a feature film. Save your money, balance your system and do some research on your own personal preferences.

6 hours ago, Tz000 said:

OP,

Cheers. 

Thank you for taking the time to do that.Sorry for it being vague I just wanted to try out the forum on a whim. Check out this little corner or the you know? The only real reason for me to get the Titan V over the munch cheaper 1080ti is future proofing (i.e not having to touch this thing besides maintenance for a very long time and still being able to play everything at high FPS) Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my badly worded post.

Just incase u wanted to see my build plans as of right now.(still extremely not final)

thank you very munch

1 hour ago, BlueTactic said:

thank you very munch

The Titan V is not going to futureproof you because it's not meant to be a gaming card. A 1080ti will do you nicely, looking at your specsheet. And Volta (the consumer release for graphics card) will be arriving in the next few months. They will be more suitable for gaming.

I'd say wait for Volta or get a 1080ti. Also, don't bother with the i9. It's also not great or meant for gaming. Go i7 8700k or Ryzen 1700. They'll pair much nicer with your high-end graphics card of choice and save you a few hundred dollars.

It appears you are under the impression that just because it's the highest powered, latest and greatest, most expensive hardware that it's going to perform the absolute best above all else. Looking closer at your link, you are literally throwing money away. Pull back the reigns there a bit, kid. It's not all about how much you spend