Computer keeps on lying on me about "the ram being all used up"

GlazeIsAGamer

So I used my PC for a year now and recently it's been starting to lie at me about the RAM being used up, like all the ram is used, which is not true. I have various apps in the background, Discord, Spotify, flux, Rainmeeter, and others which barely take up RAM, and the total amount of ram I use is around %35 , and yet my computer thinks it's at %100, can somebody help me out? I tried fixing the registry via CCleaner, but I dunno.

Do you have the page file enabled?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

No I didn't, I just enabled it and i'm gonna test it out, and if it doesn't work or it does, i'll update the thread to say said result.

1 minute ago, GlazeIsAGamer said:

No I didn't, I just enabled it and i'm gonna test it out, and if it doesn't work or it does, i'll update the thread to say said result.

That could be the problem.  Due to how Windows reserves memory, it will start telling you you're out even when you're not at 100% used.  Generally I would expect this to happen at or over 90%, not 35, but everyone's system is different and idk what programs you're running that could potentially be doing something strange.

Hopefully this will fix it though.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

31 minutes ago, GlazeIsAGamer said:

So I used my PC for a year now and recently it's been starting to lie at me about the RAM being used up, like all the ram is used, which is not true. I have various apps in the background, Discord, Spotify, flux, Rainmeeter, and others which barely take up RAM, and the total amount of ram I use is around %35 , and yet my computer thinks it's at %100, can somebody help me out? I tried fixing the registry via CCleaner, but I dunno.

It could the ram going faulty, if they are memory leaks. Are processes slowing down? Or are they just running fine and the task manager says it's all being used.

• CPU
    Intel I-7 6700
  • Motherboard
    Msi Z270i Pro Gaming Carbon AC
  • RAM
    16 GB Crucial
  • GPU
    Msi 4gb GTX 960
  • Case
    Corsair 380t
  • Storage
    Seagate FireCuda 1TB
  • PSU
    Random Antec 500w from 2010
  • Display(s)
    Asus VS278
  • Cooling
    Exhaust: LTT NF-F12 Intake: Thermaltake Riing 140mm Orange Heatsink:corsair H75
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G105
  • Sound
    Onkyo 5.1 surround Theater Speakers
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

"So I used my PC for a year now and recently it's been starting to lie at me about the RAM being used up"

Don't ya just hate it when they do that.  :ph34r:

Enabled the page filer on my PC, works a lot better now! Even with CPU/RAM intensive apps like f.lux, Rainmeeter, Razer Synapse, etc, it doesn't show me the cursed "RAM is being taken up" error. Thanks Ryan!

Update: So apparently it didn't work. I did it and it worked but today I was working in FL Studio and my computer lagged out with the monitors flickering on and off and now it says its low on memory again.

1 minute ago, GlazeIsAGamer said:

Update: So apparently it didn't work. I did it and it worked but today I was working in FL Studio and my computer lagged out with the monitors flickering on and off and now it says its low on memory again.

right click on hdd

select properties

you should be able to set pagefile size=1.5(ram total)

8gbytes ram=8*1.5=12gbytes hdd for pagefile

i hate system managed mode

note you can spread pagefile across several hdds including to NAS drives??????? 

15 minutes ago, bcguru9384 said:

right click on hdd

select properties

you should be able to set pagefile size=1.5(ram total)

8gbytes ram=8*1.5=12gbytes hdd for pagefile

i hate system managed mode

note you can spread pagefile across several hdds including to NAS drives??????? 

I already did this before

17 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

17 hours ago, GlazeIsAGamer said:

2nd update: So it glitched out again saying its out of ram, even tough I had Discord, Rainmeeter, Flux, and FL Studio running and after I clicked OK the system glitched out, and my 1st monitor transformed from 2560x1440 to 1920x1080 and my 2nd monitor stopped working, so I had to restart. What the heck is happening?

8 minutes ago, GlazeIsAGamer said:

2nd update: So it glitched out again saying its out of ram, even tough I had Discord, Rainmeeter, Flux, and FL Studio running and after I clicked OK the system glitched out, and my 1st monitor transformed from 2560x1440 to 1920x1080 and my 2nd monitor stopped working, so I had to restart. What the heck is happening?

No idea... The page file should allow you to use all of your RAM without issue, and on top of that (this is actually the main reason it exists xD) if you open a program that needs more RAM than you have, it will overflow into there and continue working (albeit very slowly) rather than just crashing.