Sound Card

TheProf

Hey guys

Recently been looking to get a good sound card for Music/Gaming... I am not looking for something extreme, but would definitely love to get something good or should I say better than what I currently got onboard. My current motherboad is the ASUS P8Z77-V.

Considering getting the SB ZXR... but it's a bit pricey at the moment... might wait a few weeks to see if it goes down in price.

Any recommendations?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT

MB: ASUS ROG Dark Hero VIII 570S

MEMORY: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 32GB (8GB x 4) @ 3200Mhz

CASE: Corsair 680x

STORAGE: 256GB M.2(PCIE) EVO 970 | 1TB Curcial M.2 (PCIE) SSD

PSU: Corsair RM850x

would recommend getting high end headphones/speakers before u start thinking about other stuff

+2

would recommend getting high end headphones/speakers before u start thinking about other stuff

+3

And if you already have high end headphones, get an external amp/DAC instead of a soundcard.

+4

I7-4770k - ASUS Maximus VI Formula - 16GB ADATA 2133MHz - EVGA 780 SC - 512GB Intel SSD - 2TB WD Black - Thermaltake DPS 750W

+5

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

+22394752597252345

The SoundBlaster ZxR has not moved in price much maybe go for the Zx instead I have heard it has sound comparable to it's bigger brother the ZxR

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

+7 put all your money on a headphone or 2 headphones. 

++

I already have some decent spearkers, the Logitech Z623 and good Bose headphones... should of probably mentioned that.

You won't get improvement out of a sound card.  Put the money into something you will enjoy more, like an SSD, or towards a GPU upgrade.  Or maybe go and trial a few headphones and see if you can find a better pair than what you already have.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I already have some decent spearkers, the Logitech Z623 and good Bose headphones... should of probably mentioned that.

Yeah, about that..... Logitech is meh and Bose blows.

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.