CPU Fan & Heatsink Clearance

kb5zue
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
14 hours ago, kb5zue said:

Thanks for the reply, I found some information that will help.  I found this about the case, should have looked here first.

Clearance CPU Cooler 190mm / 7.48"
PSU 200mm / 7.87"
Graphics Card 296mm / 11.7" (with 3.5" HDD cage)
412mm / 16.22" (w/o 3.5" HDD cage)

Means that you can fit any air cooler you like. I think tallest ones are 167mm-170mm.

Hello everyone,

I have decided to go with a good cpu cooler but can't figure out how big or what size will fit in my system.  Current system specs:

Case:  Coolermaster Mastercase Maker 5t

Mobo: Asus TUF Sabertooth 990FX 3.0

CPU :  AMD FX8370

Ram :  32 gigs Corsair Vengeance 2133 (4 x 8)  The ram is standard height.

Using a ruler or tape measure, where do I measure to ensure the cpu cooler I get will fit inside the case.  Do I measure from the inside of one side of the case to the inside of the other side?  Do I measure from the motherboard to the inside of the case?  Just not sure from which two points to measure so that I don't get one that won't fit.  Then on top of that, not sure which brand to buy but I"m more concerned on the measurements.  Of course a little overclocking won't hurt either, currently at 4.334gigs and would like to get as close to 5.0gigs if possible.

I want a cooler that can handle my game playing such as World of Warcraft, PUBG, CSGO and LoL.

20171208_140207[1].jpg

11 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Hello everyone,

I have decided to go with a good cpu cooler but can't figure out how big or what size will fit in my system.  Current system specs:

Case:  Coolermaster Mastercase Maker 5t

Mobo: Asus TUF Sabertooth 990FX 3.0

CPU :  AMD FX8370

Ram :  32 gigs Corsair Vengeance 2133 (4 x 8)  The ram is standard height.

Using a ruler or tape measure, where do I measure to ensure the cpu cooler I get will fit inside the case.  Do I measure from the inside of one side of the case to the inside of the other side?  Do I measure from the motherboard to the inside of the case?  Just not sure from which two points to measure so that I don't get one that won't fit.  Then on top of that, not sure which brand to buy but I"m more concerned on the measurements.  Of course a little overclocking won't hurt either, currently at 4.334gigs and would like to get as close to 5.0gigs if possible.

I want a cooler that can handle my game playing such as World of Warcraft, PUBG, CSGO and LoL.

20171208_140207[1].jpg

Judging by your case, itll fit an cooler fine as long as you dont get the v8 ones. 

Thanks for the reply, I found some information that will help.  I found this about the case, should have looked here first.

PSU 200mm / 7.87"

14 hours ago, kb5zue said:

PSU 200mm / 7.87"

Means that you can fit any air cooler you like. I think tallest ones are 167mm-170mm.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv