What can I do with all these motherboards

Recently, the company I work threw away several computers. The bulk of that stuff includes about 12 motherboards. I picked up all that stuff thinking I could find a use for it, but now I haven't got a clue what I'm going to do with that stuff.

These motherboards are all gigabyte MSH61DK boards.

These are a pretty odd form factor. They are all mini ITX sized but have no full size pcie slot and they also take DDR3 SODIMM sticks.

They cannot be over clocked and they are equiped with a LGA1155 slot that can handle 2nd and 3rd gen desktop CPUs.

They also require an external power supply with not way to put a standard PSU on it. They do however have a place for a backup battery on board.

At first I thought I could make everyone in my family a mini ITX HTPC for Christmas, but the cost of CPUs and ram would bankrupt me.

With the boards I got also all the battery stuff for about 7.

I only have 2 IO shields.

I have psus for all of them plus extra.

I have periferal boards for all of them.

I have no extra ram.

I have only one 3rd gen core i3 sitting around.

What is the world am I going to do with these? I figured they wouldn't be worth selling because they're so old and weird that only a niche audience would buy only just the board.

What do you think I should do with these?

The great thing about old, weirdly specific parts like that is that when a company tech needs one, he needs one. I'd Google the model number, see what they're going for on various spare parts sites, then slap them on eBay for about that price.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

7 hours ago, aisle9 said:

The great thing about old, weirdly specific parts like that is that when a company tech needs one, he needs one. I'd Google the model number, see what they're going for on various spare parts sites, then slap them on eBay for about that price.

That is actually a really good idea. I searched all morning for these board but I could only find ram or ssd upgrades or drivers and manuals for this board. I couldn't even find them on ebay

• 1 year later...
On 12/8/2017 at 2:32 PM, fastcar123 said:

That is actually a really good idea. I searched all morning for these board but I could only find ram or ssd upgrades or drivers and manuals for this board. I couldn't even find them on ebay

I'm sure that I'm the necroposter but I need such motherboard badly. Do you still own them?

17 minutes ago, panatar said:

I'm sure that I'm the necroposter but I need such motherboard badly. Do you still own them?

Yes actually. They've lived in my closet all this time. Send me a DM so we don't crowd this up

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2019 at 6:05 PM, fastcar123 said:

Yes actually. They've lived in my closet all this time. Send me a DM so we don't crowd this up

DM has been sent.